The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bristol - official Q&As thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied and had a response for the Social work course?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Aspiring.midwife
I have an interview on Friday for midwifery. I assume it's smart dress but I'm not certain as they haven't given me a lot of information on what to expect.

Did you get a place to study midwifery at UWE?? :smile:
Hi, I have an offer from UWE for Geography and Planning, I'm planning to accept as my firm but I'm waiting on a decision from LSE. I'm only waiting on it out of curiosity and I wanted to know from anyone thats already accepted UWE as their firm when accommodation is going to start to become available? Is there an exact date yet? As I really want first pick and I'd rather withdraw my LSE application and just accept UWE as my firm than miss the chance of getting the accommodation I want.
Hi, I'm an international applicant.
Course Applied : Illustration (BA), September 2020
I've submit my portfolio around early March. I still haven't received any update.
I had been doing research on UWE recently, I would like to know more information about illustration course/ campus and student experience. Can I talk to any current student?
I'm a offer holder for MH Nursing, I was wondering what the tutors and lecturers are like?
How is the communication and how often do you see the tutors? Is the support any good?

I get kinda flustered easily so would be good to know what I may be walking into. If I struggle and the support is no good I know I am likely to fail and not reach my full potential (I found this with my A Levels)
Original post by paige-julie
I'm a offer holder for MH Nursing, I was wondering what the tutors and lecturers are like?
How is the communication and how often do you see the tutors? Is the support any good?

I get kinda flustered easily so would be good to know what I may be walking into. If I struggle and the support is no good I know I am likely to fail and not reach my full potential (I found this with my A Levels)

Hi, I'm a final year student and I can say from first hand experience there's quite a bit of support in different forms across UWE - the lecturers are pretty approachable and as long as you ask for help they're very good at providing it or signposting where you can find it. There's a student support service and (I don't know if this happens on the MH course, but it's quite widely available) sometimes there are PAL leaders, which are students who have done first year and done well, available for an hour or so a week for you to practice and discuss with - or you can always get there and ask a lecturer or your Academic Personal Tutor to recommend someone to talk to who has been through the same things. Don't forget to have fun in first year as well :smile:
Reply 146
hi,i am wanting to do fashion communication at uwe and that means i will be living in the city campus accommodation but i seem to prefer the frenchay accom, so i was wondering how easy it would be travel wise for me to live in frenchay accommodation while studying at city campus? because i've seen online it's quite a distance but then i have also seen that everywhere is close together so therefore it isn't an issue, so i am not sure which statement is true.thankyou :smile:
Hi. Could someone send me a link where I can apply for accommodation at Frenchay? I have UWE as my firm choice, I tried to create an account at the accommodation website but it won't work. Are applications open or not yet?
Original post by maflena
Hi. Could someone send me a link where I can apply for accommodation at Frenchay? I have UWE as my firm choice, I tried to create an account at the accommodation website but it won't work. Are applications open or not yet?

Applications are open. You need to get your application number code and go to the link given welcome.UWE.ac.uk . Once logged in go to to Home and scroll down to messages and find: Apply Now for Accommodation
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending