The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bristol - official Q&As thread

Hello everyone,

Welcome to University of West of England, AKA UWE Bristol official Question and Answer thread. We are happy to answer any questions about UWE Bristol, life in Bristol and student life. Feel free to ask us any question, whether you’re a current student, already applied or are thinking of applying to UWE Bristol. No matter the question, if we do not know the answer, we will find someone who does.

This thread will be monitored by Justin and Richard.

We are looking forward to your questions :h:

Justin
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there
Do you know roughly how many applicants you usually get for environmental science BSc?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
How likely is to get accommodation if UWE is your insurance/not firm?

Also, I really want to live in a big city, as I'm from a countryside village and hate it, so just wondering what the city is like and the location of the university? I like a lot of alternative/rock music, is there a good scene there? I'm applying for most unis in London because of this, but I'm considering UWE :smile: Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by Save.Me
How likely is to get accommodation if UWE is your insurance/not firm?

Also, I really want to live in a big city, as I'm from a countryside village and hate it, so just wondering what the city is like and the location of the university? I like a lot of alternative/rock music, is there a good scene there? I'm applying for most unis in London because of this, but I'm considering UWE :smile: Thanks!

Hi Save.Me,

In regards to the accommodation, you will have to make UWEyour first choice to apply for accommodation this year we did have some university accommodation available when A level results came out, however this can in no way be guaranteed. There are also lots of other accommodation options available in Bristol.

I asked our resident muso Sarah your question about music and this was her response:

Bristol has a great music scene and its range of music venues means it attracts loads of different bands and tours. If you are looking at the alternative/rock scene then check out the following live music venues. I completely recommend any of them particularly the fleece which has a huge line up most nights of the week. Happy hunting :h:
You also have the likes of the O2 academy and Colston Hallthat are larger venues and if you are a rock fan you must go and have a pint inThe Hatchet Inn. It doesn’t even have a website but it’s a really fun pub! https://www.facebook.com/EventsAndPromotionsManagerTheHatchetInn

Bristol ticket shopis a good place to get local listings.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,
Priscilla
Reply 4
Hi guys,

Just wondered how many Human Resource Management students there are at the moment? Is it a popular course to choose?

Thanks,

George
Reply 5
Original post by ghaa
Hi guys,

Just wondered how many Human Resource Management students there are at the moment? Is it a popular course to choose?

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

It is one of the smallest programmes in Faculty of Business and Law with about 40 students on it. It is quite popular as, being a quite small programme, there’s a strong cohort identity. Moreover, the students usually relate well to colleagues in the HRM cluster.

We have a LinkedIn group for past, present and future students to engage. Here is a link if you are interested in joining
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6733474
Hi,
Just wanted to ask how lenient is UWE when it comes to the conditions of entry?
I received an offer today for Philosophy under the condition of 300 UCAS points and I am absolutely ecstatic about it as UWE has been at the top of my list since I started looking at universities.
I am just slightly worried about it all, if I was to get.. say 280 points what is the likely hood of me still being accepted? Sorry its such a stupid question but it has been playing on my mind for a while now, and now that I actually have the offer I feel like it is appropriate to ask c:
Reply 7
hi there!

I have an interview/audition at UWE for Drama and Creative Writing tomorrow, but the email didn't specify a dress code. What would you advise?

Thanks,
Chloe
Reply 8
Hi! i've sent my application for 2nd year entry for psychology and criminology and still nervously waiting for an offer if the modules match up! I sent my application about 3 weeks ago, do you know roughly how long the process takes? Many thanks!
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hello everyone,

Welcome to University of West of England, AKA UWE Bristol official Question and Answer thread. We are happy to answer any questions about UWE Bristol, life in Bristol and student life. Feel free to ask us any question, whether you’re a current student, already applied or are thinking of applying to UWE Bristol. No matter the question, if we do not know the answer, we will find someone who does.

This thread will be monitored by Priscilla and Richard.

We are looking forward to your questions :h:

Priscilla

I was just wondering how long it will be until I have a reply from Uwe. I had my interview on Wednesday and wasn't told about the period of time it would take until I heard if I had an offer or not.
Original post by tiaharvey
I was just wondering how long it will be until I have a reply from Uwe. I had my interview on Wednesday and wasn't told about the period of time it would take until I heard if I had an offer or not.

Hi @tiaharvey - it'll depend on which course you're applying for. If you want to PM me details of the course you interviewed for, I can find out. Thanks, Richard.
Reply 11
Hello

I am studying diagnostic imaging , UWE library have a large database of past paper on diagnostic but I cannot have access because I am not a student of UWE.
Could you please let know if you could download these document for my own research and exam preparation please?
Original post by rule007
Hello

I am studying diagnostic imaging , UWE library have a large database of past paper on diagnostic but I cannot have access because I am not a student of UWE.
Could you please let know if you could download these document for my own research and exam preparation please?

Hi, i'm afraid this database is only available to current UWE students and alumni.
Reply 13
Hello.
I've recently received an offer for UWE to study forensic computing and security.
Has anyone else applied for this?
I'm also slightly nervous as if I go to UWE I will be moving away from my support system with my young son, does anyone know what the support from UWE is for student parents?
Thank you.
Hi i was wondering how many places you have on Diagnostic Radiogrpahy course and when you finish interviewing.. thanks
Original post by strabane15
Hi i was wondering how many places you have on Diagnostic Radiogrpahy course and when you finish interviewing.. thanks

Hi, i'm afraid we can't reveal how many places we have left on the course.

However, you are still welcome to apply but your application will be considered as a late application. So it will not be considered until after the ones we have already received.

Interviews for this course are carried out during March and April.
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi, i'm afraid we can't reveal how many places we have left on the course.

However, you are still welcome to apply but your application will be considered as a late application. So it will not be considered until after the ones we have already received.

Interviews for this course are carried out during March and April.

great thanks.. sorry i probably worded the post earlier wrong.. i meant to ask how many places are on the course initially.. Thanks
Hi!!
What is living in the Wallscourt Park accommodation like? Is there a good Soca music scene in Bristol? Experiences and thoughts on the Business (Team Entrepreneurship) course? Experience and thoughts on uni life at UWE?
im still waiting to hear from UWE I applied start of November.. anyone else in the same position.
Reply 19
Original post by strabane15
im still waiting to hear from UWE I applied start of November.. anyone else in the same position.

Hi i applied 16th dec and have an interview for the 19th feb ! dont worry i'm sure you will hear something soon. have you applied anywhere els? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending