The Student Room Group

Poor UKCAT

I got a low UKCAT score but i had technical problems which i reported. Pearsons are gonna reply to me when they find out if my claim is true.
But anyway, i doubt there gonna actually do anything about it, so what unis could i get into with a ukcat score of 615??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by koh1234
I got a low UKCAT score but i had technical problems which i reported. Pearsons are gonna reply to me when they find out if my claim is true.
But anyway, i doubt there gonna actually do anything about it, so what unis could i get into with a ukcat score of 615??

Have a look at Bristol (No entry exams etc) and maybe Queen Mary's (More lax on UKCAT).
Original post by Bow Tie
Have a look at Bristol (No entry exams etc) and maybe Queen Mary's (More lax on UKCAT).

And Cardiff
Hey, im kind of worried about my score (665) because scrolling through the UKCAT mega-thread, it seems like a poor score. Opinions?
Reply 4
Original post by Username1431
Hey, im kind of worried about my score (665) because scrolling through the UKCAT mega-thread, it seems like a poor score. Opinions?

Original post by Bow Tie

Original post by swopnil
And Cardiff

Same advice as above if you are looking at where to apply.

If not, it's not a bad score, it's above average as far as i'm aware!
hey guys, I'm having problems choosing universities for medicine, I have 5A*AC at gcse, 2A3B at As (B in bio and them, A in math) and 650 UKCAT with stj 4.. Predicted 2A* and 2A, Good work experience and personal statement. Im thinking of applying to keele and sheffield, is that a good idea? what other 2 universities should i apply to? thanks you
Reply 6
Does anyone know of anyone that actually got into medicine with ukcat 615 band 3???
Original post by Bow Tie

If queen mary are more relaxed on the UKCAT would there be more emphasis on UCAS tariff points? I got a UKCAT avg 655 but I don't really know if it would be risky to apply there. My A2 predictions are A*AA with a predicted A in EPQ... don't have 4 A levels or any musical grades etc. either!
Original post by koh1234

BMAT unis like UCL? or Liverpool (i think its their first year of using the UKCAT)
edit; I know someone who had a UKCAT of 580 and got into liverpool (they had no aptitude test at that point), so you might have a good chance at Bristol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Username1431

I'm in a similar position, think we would just have to be smart with where we would apply. You'd meet sheffields cut off
Original post by Louiseelg0rt
If queen mary are more relaxed on the UKCAT would there be more emphasis on UCAS tariff points? I got a UKCAT avg 655 but I don't really know if it would be risky to apply there. My A2 predictions are A*AA with a predicted A in EPQ... don't have 4 A levels or any musical grades etc. either!

Most med schools could care less about UCAS points since 10 Cs at AS-level could be equivalent to 3 As (I don't know the exact number) which obviously isn't what they want. They will look at your individual scores in your subjects and not the cumulative generalised UCAS tariff.
Oh dear I was actually happy with my score of 618 Band 1. Then I went on tsr.
Original post by koh1234
Does anyone know of anyone that actually got into medicine with ukcat 615 band 3???

I know someone who got a score in the 500s into Lancaster but they missed their offer.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I know someone who got a score in the 500s into Lancaster but they missed their offer.

That's because Lancaster did not require any entrance exam, not until 2016 entry.
Original post by Louiseelg0rt

I didn't think they placed more emphasis on anything, it's just they look at lower scores too. Once you get the interview (The cut-off is not too high), they make the decision from that so just get to that stage!
Your grades are fine so you could still have a decent chance!
Original post by Timewilltellu
That's because Lancaster did not require any entrance exam, not until 2016 entry.

Well that makes sense. =)
Reply 16
Original post by malcolmDR
hey guys, I'm having problems choosing universities for medicine, I have 5A*AC at gcse, 2A3B at As (B in bio and them, A in math) and 650 UKCAT with stj 4.. Predicted 2A* and 2A, Good work experience and personal statement. Im thinking of applying to keele and sheffield, is that a good idea? what other 2 universities should i apply to? thanks you

Maybe East Anglia and Bristol.
Hi guys
For GCSE I have 3A*s 3As 2Bs
For alevel I have all A predictions
627.5 avg on ukcat

I was hoping for barts and HYMS but seems like my ukcat is too low

Any suggestions on which universities I should look at?
Also is it too risky to apply to unis if you JUST make the cut off eg bang on the cut off point?

Thank you much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ramighanem98
Maybe East Anglia and Bristol.

You must find places that don't count SJT as a Band 4 will disadvantage you - such as Durham/Newcastle/St George's.
Original post by charnot1997
Hi guys
For GCSE I have 3A*s 3As 2Bs
For alevel I have all A predictions
627.5 avg on ukcat

I was hoping for barts and HYMS but seems like my ukcat is too low

Any suggestions on which universities I should look at?
Also is it too risky to apply to unis if you JUST make the cut off eg bang on the cut off point?

Thank you much appreciated
Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends how they score it - places who say: "once you meet the criteria we don't look any further" (e.g. Sheffield) wouldn't disadvantage you. However, places that score you based on this as a factor and then rank you (e.g. Edinburgh) are places you'll want to be avoiding as this would be a bit of a problem. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending