The Student Room Group

My options with these A levels

so im currently taking biology chemistry economics and dropped maths for computing just like to know what careers path u reckon I could go into im not too sure myself 😥 And for those wondering why I dropped maths it's because I absolutely hated the subject now and even at gcse, I'm aware that computing does require a lot of maths but I do enjoy computing as a whole as compared to maths sorry about the long paragraph and thanks ps don't really wanna become a scientist or stuff like that
Original post by Synonym
so im currently taking biology chemistry economics and dropped maths for computing just like to know what careers path u reckon I could go into im not too sure myself 😥 And for those wondering why I dropped maths it's because I absolutely hated the subject now and even at gcse, I'm aware that computing does require a lot of maths but I do enjoy computing as a whole as compared to maths sorry about the long paragraph and thanks ps don't really wanna become a scientist or stuff like that

Why exactly are three of your four subjects science subjects (I count Computing as a science :tongue:) if you don't want a career in science? The most obvious answers to this question are science careers like biochemistry, biology, medicine, dentistry and so on.

I suppose you could do Law, which often has no specific subject requirement although essay-based subjects are often preferred.
Reply 2
Original post by Hydeman
Why exactly are three of your four subjects science subjects (I count Computing as a science :tongue:) if you don't want a career in science? The most obvious answers to this question are science careers like biochemistry, biology, medicine, dentistry and so on.

I suppose you could do Law, which often has no specific subject requirement although essay-based subjects are often preferred.

Yh u got a point lol do u think it still would be possible for me to go in the field of computing without maths would it be a huge deal or could computing a level compensate for that
Original post by Synonym
Yh u got a point lol do u think it still would be possible for me to go in the field of computing without maths would it be a huge deal or could computing a level compensate for that

As far as I know most Computing courses require an A Level in mathematics but there are one or two (whose names escape me at the moment) that are happy to accept applications from people without an A Level in mathematics. You'd need to research it. :3

Quick Reply

Latest