The Student Room Group
Reply 1
couldnt you get free postage if its over £15? Or have you bought it from a private seller- postage is pretty expensive that way.
Reply 2
Cancel the order and get it from play.com
Reply 3
Did you change your order thus taking it below the £15 "Free Delivery" limit?

Or if it was over £15, did you actually remember to select Free Delivery (as Amazon defaults to Royal Mail 1st Class)
Reply 4
He says the delivery is mre than double the cost of his book, that suggests it's a very cheap book, which you would have to pay delivery for.

On the last page before you place your order it does give you all delivery optons.
Reply 5
1) The book itself cost £8.95, the delivery £8.99, thus doubling the cost of the order compared to if delivery had been free. £17.94 or there abouts
2) It was direct from Amazon
3) I've tried cancelling it, but it was one of those 'order by X time and get it tomorrow' things so I couldn't
4) The only options on the order screens were 1st class Royal Mail or next day delivery. Neither had any details relating to the cost of them.
Reply 6
What book was it exactly?

Amazon tellyou the price of delivery before you make your order final.
Reply 7
Meh, hell of a lot for a simple book though.
But I guess it'll be worth it, the book will last both years of the A-Level :smile:

It was the Revison Express Eng Lang book from Pearson & Longman
On the delivery screen it didn't have any figures obviously relating to the price of the 2 options, so I assumed it was free, or at least minimal..
Is it being shipped to or from some far off country?
Reply 9
I managed to find the section about delivery charges on their site (what a mish) and apparently a single book should be charged £2.75ish for delivery.

WHo knows where the other £6 came from :/

I sense a complaint in the works if they take it out of my bank...
Reply 10
£8.99 delivery?! :eek: That seems rather steep.

I normally get harged around £3-5. Unless they're sending it next day or something?
Reply 11
marbleblue
1) The book itself cost £8.95, the delivery £8.99, thus doubling the cost of the order compared to if delivery had been free. £17.94 or there abouts
2) It was direct from Amazon
3) I've tried cancelling it, but it was one of those 'order by X time and get it tomorrow' things so I couldn't
4) The only options on the order screens were 1st class Royal Mail or next day delivery. Neither had any details relating to the cost of them.

The "Order by X time" is £8.99 flat rate deliveyr.

Clicking on the "See details" link next to that text brings up this page which clearly states that: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/203-9847750-6515911?ie=UTF8&nodeId=69502011

No complaint necessary to anyone, as they clearly state that on their site.

And I can get their delivery rates in two clicks - scroll down to the bottom of any page and click the "Delivery rates..." link, then click "UK..."

Edit:

Plus, all delivery charges are shown at the final stage of checkout before you confirm the order, PLUS in the confirmation e-mail you get. AND in the 'Track your orders' bit.
Reply 12
Yeah, it's next day..but the only other option was RM 1st class..
Reply 13
marbleblue

And that's because your order was under £15, which is when you can qualify for Super Saver Delivery
Reply 14
marbleblue

That is the option that would have been £2.75. You opted for Special Delivery which is more expensive.
Reply 15
Gah, oh well, lessons learnt I guess :smile:
I mean, cut me some slack, t'was my first order with them =P
Reply 16
You learn from your mistakes :smile:

But you see the toal price on the last click before you confirm everything. I always double check I haven;t been charged postage or it's a reasonable amount. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending