The Student Room Group

How to return item on Amazon?

I have tried looking ont here but cannot find anyway to contact the seller or to message anyone?

Does anyone know how as I have never had to do this before and no one to contact on there for help.
Return Items You Ordered
You can return many eligible items sold on Amazon.co.uk via the Online Returns Centre . When you return an item, you may see different return options depending on the seller, item, or reason for return.

Need to return an item shipped by Amazon? Go to

Your Orders
To return an item you ordered:

Go to Your Orders to display your recent orders. To return a gift, see Return a Gift.
Choose the order and select Return or Replace Items.
Select the item you want to return, and select an option from the Reason for return menu.
Choose how to process your return.
If applicable, select to issue a refund or replacement. For items sold from an Amazon seller, you'll see Submit return request. The Amazon seller reviews return requests before issuing a refund or replacement. If you don't receive a response within two business days, you can submit an A-to-z Guarantee claim. For more information, see About A-to-z Guarantee.
Select your preferred return method.
Print your return label and return authorization.
Tip: Each return label is assigned to a specific return. To make sure that you receive the correct refund, don't include items from multiple orders or shipments in the same box.
Pack your item securely, following the instructions sent to you when you requested your return. Please note that you will see several printouts, all of which are necessary for a return:
Please place the barcode in the package.
Attach the address label and one of the commercial invoices ("International Customer Return") to the outside of the package.
Provide the second copy of the commercial invoice to the carrier.
You can view the status of a return or a refund in Your Orders by selecting View Return/Refund Status next to the relevant order.
Note: Before returning items on which you've saved personal information, such as laptops, cameras, or other electronic devices, erase this information completely.

Below is the link for the above information.
Amazon UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk display
Return Items You Ordered - Amazon Customer Service

Original post by Kutie Karen

I have tried looking ont here but cannot find anyway to contact the seller or to message anyone?

Does anyone know how as I have never had to do this before and no one to contact on there for help.

Basically sign in to your Amazon account and then go to orders and follow the instructions from there.
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
Return Items You Ordered
You can return many eligible items sold on Amazon.co.uk via the Online Returns Centre . When you return an item, you may see different return options depending on the seller, item, or reason for return.

Need to return an item shipped by Amazon? Go to

Your Orders
To return an item you ordered:

Go to Your Orders to display your recent orders. To return a gift, see Return a Gift.
Choose the order and select Return or Replace Items.
Select the item you want to return, and select an option from the Reason for return menu.
Choose how to process your return.
If applicable, select to issue a refund or replacement. For items sold from an Amazon seller, you'll see Submit return request. The Amazon seller reviews return requests before issuing a refund or replacement. If you don't receive a response within two business days, you can submit an A-to-z Guarantee claim. For more information, see About A-to-z Guarantee.
Select your preferred return method.
Print your return label and return authorization.
Tip: Each return label is assigned to a specific return. To make sure that you receive the correct refund, don't include items from multiple orders or shipments in the same box.
Pack your item securely, following the instructions sent to you when you requested your return. Please note that you will see several printouts, all of which are necessary for a return:
Please place the barcode in the package.
Attach the address label and one of the commercial invoices ("International Customer Return") to the outside of the package.
Provide the second copy of the commercial invoice to the carrier.
You can view the status of a return or a refund in Your Orders by selecting View Return/Refund Status next to the relevant order.
Note: Before returning items on which you've saved personal information, such as laptops, cameras, or other electronic devices, erase this information completely.

Below is the link for the above information.
Amazon UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk display
Return Items You Ordered - Amazon Customer Service

Basically sign in to your Amazon account and then go to orders and follow the instructions from there.

Thanks that is so helpful and good of you. I will try it tomorrow as I am tired now and don't have the patience to do this.

When I tried earlier, it took me to the virtual assistance and just going around in circles even though I selected the item that needed returning.

Do you have to pay postage to return the item?
Original post by Kutie Karen
Thanks that is so helpful and good of you. I will try it tomorrow as I am tired now and don't have the patience to do this.

When I tried earlier, it took me to the virtual assistance and just going around in circles even though I selected the item that needed returning.

Do you have to pay postage to return the item?

Sorry for late response

Sometimes you pay for it and they refund it but they will tell you whether or not you pay it yours or they give you a return slip 😔.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending