Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys!
Name: Jodie
Course: Natural Sciences (Bio, Physics, Maths)
GCSEs: 11A*, 1A, 1B
AS: ABBD (in bio, phys, maths and chem respectively)
A2 subjects: Biology, Physics, Maths, plus EPQ on the Fibonacci sequence in plants
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*AA +A in EPQ
ECs: summer schools at Cambridge for maths and physics, and Oxford for biomedical science (both this year), gold CREST award for portable flight simulator, visited science fairs, reading lots of books mainly quantum and cell biology related, fundraised to volunteer in Borneo last year, charity captain and prefect, mentoring lower year students with maths, two part-time jobs

I applied today and I'm so worried I won't get any offers after I flopped my AS levels :/
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by jodiemlil
Hey guys!
A2 subjects: Biology, Physics, Maths, plus EPQ on the Fibonacci sequence in plants
ECs: summer schools at Cambridge for maths and physics, and Oxford for biomedical science (both this year), gold CREST award for portable flight simulator, visited science fairs, reading lots of books mainly quantum and cell biology related, fundraised to volunteer in Borneo last year, charity captain and prefect, mentoring lower year students with maths, two part-time jobs

I applied today and I'm so worried I won't get any offers after I flopped my AS levels :/

Hey, that isn't flopping your as-levels. I came out of mine with AAD and I have 4 offers (one of which is unconditional) so think positive! you sound like a pretty well rounded student, best of luck to you in your application!
Hey guys!

You'll be fine. You sound a little like me and I still managed offers from most places!

Yeah, you sound reeeeaaaally similar to me on the ECs/grades front hahah, except you're more focused on natural sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
You'll be fine. You sound a little like me and I still managed offers from most places!

Yeah, you sound reeeeaaaally similar to me on the ECs/grades front hahah, except you're more focused on natural sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh really! What grades did you get? And where did you apply? Mine are bath, notts and leeds for natsci all A*AA, then manchester for bio AAA-ABB, then lincoln for bio which is 300 UCAS poihts as a backup hahah
Ahh really! What grades did you get? And where did you apply? Mine are bath, notts and leeds for natsci all A*AA, then manchester for bio AAA-ABB, then lincoln for bio which is 300 UCAS poihts as a backup hahah

3A*s, 5As equiv GCSEs, AAAAC Scottish Highers (equiv to AS), then flopped my Scottish Advanced Highers (A2 equiv) due to extenuating circunstances: BCD. Now, I'm doing 3 A-levels in a year (Maths, Further Maths and Economics) with a prediction of A*A*A.

Oxford - rejection
Warwick - Data Science (offer of A*AA)
UCL - Maths and Computer Science (offer of A*AA)
Nottingham - Data Science (offer of A*AA, they increased it from their usual A*AB :frown: )
Bristol - Maths and Computer Science (still waiting, it would be AAA if I were to get one)

You'll definitely get an offer from those three, and oretty much of the rest of your choices! Don't stress yourself out too much :smile:
3A*s, 5As equiv GCSEs, AAAAC Scottish Highers (equiv to AS), then flopped my Scottish Advanced Highers (A2 equiv) due to extenuating circunstances: BCD. Now, I'm doing 3 A-levels in a year (Maths, Further Maths and Economics) with a prediction of A*A*A.

Oxford - rejection
Nottingham - Data Science (offer of A*AA, they increased it from their usual A*AB :frown: )
Bristol - Maths and Computer Science (still waiting, it would be AAA if I were to get one)

You'll definitely get an offer from those three, and oretty much of the rest of your choices! Don't stress yourself out too much :smile:

Wow thats awesome, congrats on your offers :smile: yeah we are quite similar in terms of grades! I dont have an excuse though hahah I just had a crisis and told myself i was gonna fail everything (self-fulfilling prophecy much) lols.
Thank you! I just wanna hear back now

Oxford - rejection

why r u doing 3 a levels in a year and not resitting a2?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
why r u doing 3 a levels in a year and not resitting a2?

Scottish Advanced Highers =/= A2, they are simply equivalent to each other. To your question, because I cba doing coursework - which is what failed me in the first place - and A-levels are spread over several exams rather than a couple 3-3.5 hour exams.

Maths, Further Maths and Econ are all exam only, which I'm not too bad at.
Scottish Advanced Highers =/= A2, they are simply equivalent to each other. To your question, because I cba doing coursework - which is what failed me in the first place - and A-levels are spread over several exams rather than a couple 3-3.5 hour exams.

Maths, Further Maths and Econ are all exam only, which I'm not too bad at.

Oh, okay i wish u best of luck :smile:
Name: Abid
Course: Media & Communication (PG)
GCSEs: 8A*s, 3As
IB subjects: News Writing, Editing, Scripting, Radio, Print and TV Broadcasting
IB (predictions): Cant perdict
ECs: Journalist, Producer an Writer
Original post by Guls
Are you doing the standard MSci or is it integrated with something else?:bunny:

Just MSci, but you can switch up to the year abroad or industry up to year 2 I think which i would strongly consider doing. Where else have you applied and are you firming notts?
Reply 392
Original post by jsheehan08
Just MSci, but you can switch up to the year abroad or industry up to year 2 I think which i would strongly consider doing. Where else have you applied and are you firming notts?

Ive applied to Birmingham, Leciester, Keele and Sheffield. Im not sure yet which one I am going to firm as I havent recieved offers from Brum and Sheffield and you?
Original post by Guls
Ive applied to Birmingham, Leciester, Keele and Sheffield. Im not sure yet which one I am going to firm as I havent recieved offers from Brum and Sheffield and you?

I've got offers from notts and newcastle as well as an interview/offer from leeds. I'm still waiting on brum and york, but i'm pretty sure i'm going to firm notts!
Hi everyone :biggrin:
Name: Rachelle
Course: MSci Global Issues and Contemporary Chinese Studies
GCSE's: A*AAAAAABBBBC
A2 subjects: English Lit, History, Chinese
A2 (predictions or achieved): AAB
ECs: Police cadet, 2 part time jobs (Tesco and Chinese takeaway), school librarian

Offer: ABB

So happy!!:biggrin: Nottingham was my first choice ever since I visited in September :smile: their facilities are amazing, especially their new Chinese centre, and the year abroad at their campus in Ningbo is an added bonus :biggrin:
Anyone else interested in studying Chinese?? :smile:
Who still hasn't heard back from Nottingham, I'm getting really worried as its been over a month since my application got sent off 😓
Got an offer from Nottingham last night!!! Is anyone still waiting for Birmingham to get back to them? I'm applying for psychology
Name: Anthony
Course: Law
GCSEs: Laughable.
AS: AAB
A2 subjects: History, Politics, and Economics.
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A

Has anyone seen a facebook page for applicants/offer holders?
(edited 8 years ago)
Got an offer to study business management at Nottingham but also at Aston, could anyone help me choose?
Original post by management4
Got an offer to study business management at Nottingham but also at Aston, could anyone help me choose?

Hey !! How long did it take you to receive your offer!! i really want to have my offers to celebrate on xmas :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending