The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths' Bahar Mustafa charged for sending '#killallwhitemen' tweet

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Here we have a nice example of the sort of 'hate of women' comments that we get bombarded with constantly. Cases like this one are treated as trojan horses by reactionaries to spread their hate messages. Sexism runs amok at times like this, which is why the right wing media delight in this type of story.

Make no mistake, this is part an attempt by the reactionary elements to turn back the clock on years of progress and reintroduce organised oppression of women.

How is this "hate of women"? The poster's malice was directed at an individual who happened to be a woman. If the same comment was directed at a man "tie him to a bomb, and drop him on Syria", would this we interpreted as "hate of men"?
Reply 81
I know what you mean, but I think the difference in power relations does matter. It wouldn't make sense for me as a woman to go around screaming abuse at men, but I think women should have a lot more leeway to make jokes about men, even quite dark humour, than the other way round. If white people went around making references about violence to black people as a joke, it would be much more reasonable for black people to be outraged by that than it would the other way around. Of course, there are limits to all these things.

So you support racism and sexism, just so long as it's directed at white men?
Despicable human tbh. Ashamed to have gone to Goldsmiths while she was there and they excused her bahviour.
Original post by Rat_Bag
How is this "hate of women"? The poster's malice was directed at an individual who happened to be a woman. If the same comment was directed at a man "tie him to a bomb, and drop him on Syria", would this we interpreted as "hate of men"?

I think you're just delighted by the opportunity to be sexist, which is the usual reaction from many men to stories like this, which is why the Mail and the Sun lead the charge on those few women brave enough to act in public the same way tens of thousands of unprosecuted men do and why the government and the prosecution authorities are pursuing her.

Not much has really changed in some ways since the Suffragette movement and I think we women are probably going to have to organise more to defend ourselves, as it seems that in the new Tory Britain, putting women in their place is once more to be firmly on the agenda.
I think you're just delighted by the opportunity to be sexist

But so are you, just the other way. Why, as far as you're concerned, is one acceptable and the other not?

Both are equally abhorrent, yet you make excuses for one. When someone dares make excuses for the other you label them as some kind of extremist.

Do you just not care about the hypocrisy?
blah blah

How incredibly hypocritical that 1) You claim the #killallwhitemen is simply a "joke" from a naive woman, but then 2) Get your knickers in a twist when someone directs a death threat to one specific person, and go on to say that it's representative of all men.

Make your mind up, woman.
Reply 86
I think you're just delighted by the opportunity to be sexist, which is the usual reaction from many men to stories like this, which is why the Mail and the Sun lead the charge on those few women brave enough to act in public the same way tens of thousands of unprosecuted men do and why the government and the prosecution authorities are pursuing her.

Not much has really changed in some ways since the Suffragette movement and I think we women are probably going to have to organise more to defend ourselves, as it seems that in the new Tory Britain, putting women in their place is once more to be firmly on the agenda.

Er, you didn't answer my question, and instead just wrote two paragraphs with slanderous accusations that I'm sexist plus a lot of waffle. So here it is again for you;

Original post by Drewski
But so are you, just the other way. Why, as far as you're concerned, is one acceptable and the other not?

Both are equally abhorrent, yet you make excuses for one. When someone dares make excuses for the other you label them as some kind of extremist.

Original post by BruceJender
How incredibly hypocritical that 1) You claim the #killallwhitemen is simply a "joke" from a naive woman, but then 2) Get your knickers in a twist when someone directs a death threat to one specific person, and go on to say that it's representative of all men.

Make your mind up, woman.

Great minds think alike.. I posted seconds after you :smile:
Reply 88
Here we have a nice example of the sort of 'hate of women' comments that we get bombarded with constantly. Cases like this one are treated as trojan horses by reactionaries to spread their hate messages. Sexism runs amok at times like this, which is why the right wing media delight in this type of story.

Make no mistake, this is part an attempt by the reactionary elements to turn back the clock on years of progress and reintroduce organised oppression of women.

She's a tool who I would not piss on if she were on fire. I would say the same if she were a male.

Reading some your replies on this thread, maybe you should change your username to Fullofhorse****.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by A5ko
She's a tool who I would not piss on if she were on fire. I would say the same if she were a male.

Reading some your replies on this thread, maybe you should change your username to Fullofhorse****.

Original post by Drewski

The difference is that as a woman I am bombarded by hate messages and imagery all my life designed to intimidate and oppress, from men. I see no apology or even awareness of that from many men. Instead, some men seize on isolated cases like this one as some kind of justification for letting rip even more. The attacks being directed against me here are all par for the course - as I said, the aim of stories like this is to create an atmosphere where sexism can thrive unchallenged. The prosecutors of this woman are acting this way because they know the current Tory climate is behind them and there is a desire to satiate the blood lust of the Daily Mail scum.
The difference is that as a woman I am bombarded by hate messages and imagery all my life designed to intimidate and oppress, from men. I see no apology or even awareness of that from many men. Instead, some men seize on isolated cases like this one as some kind of justification for letting rip even more. The attacks being directed against me here are all par for the course - as I said, the aim of stories like this is to create an atmosphere where sexism can thrive unchallenged. The prosecutors of this woman are acting this way because they know the current Tory climate is behind them and there is a desire to satiate the blood lust of the Daily Mail scum.

The prosecuters are acting this way because the police investigated on a reported crime and feel there is enough evidence.

The "attacks" directed at you are because of the hyperbole and hypocrisy of your statements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you admit that as a feminist you're not seeking equality?

Yeah, you see no awareness of that from some guys. So? I see no awareness from plenty of people about the prejudices they hold - yourself included. Those people aren't worth wasting time on. If you see something that you believe shouldn't be there, whether they be tweets or posts here, then report them. Take action. If you don't you're just as guilty, frankly.

And no, I disagree, the aim of these stories is to tell people to grow the **** up and realise that things in the public eye ate taken seriously.

The Twitter joke trial should have opened people's eyes to this.
Reply 93

The attacks on you come because you support racism and sexism, as well as slander other posters. You're getting attacked because you're a supporter of racism, sexism and slander, not because you're a woman
Original post by DiddyDec
The prosecuters are acting this way because the police investigated on a reported crime and feel there is enough evidence.

The "attacks" directed at you are because of the hyperbole and hypocrisy of your statements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This second point is absolute nonsense. Violent imagery and word directed against women is everywhere. I am NOT talking about personal attacks (although I can go to any public forum and like many women, post unremarkable feminist comments and get immediately bombarded by hate messages from men if I want to - TSR being no exception) but about the way society operates for women generally. The fact that you don't get that in any way makes no difference - the phenomenon exists and many, many women are angry about it.

The prosecution is all of a piece with the new Tory society, which is going to be about reintroducing racism and sexism on a big scale.
The prosecution is all of a piece with the new Tory society, which is going to be about reintroducing racism and sexism on a big scale.

Hyperbolic, conspiratorial nonsense.
This second point is absolute nonsense. Violent imagery and word directed against women is everywhere. I am NOT talking about personal attacks (although I can go to any public forum and like many women, post unremarkable feminist comments and get immediately bombarded by hate messages from men if I want to - TSR being no exception) but about the way society operates for women generally. The fact that you don't get that in any way makes no difference - the phenomenon exists and many, many women are angry about it.

You are defending her actions and at the same time condemning others for using the same sort of language she used.

So in their anger it is deemed ok if they break the law?

More hyperbole but on an even grander scale than before. Dem evilz tories are out to get you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Comedy GOLD. Hoisted by her own petard. :lol:

You couldn't make it up. Hopefully SJWs will learn something today.
Original post by Duncan2012
What's so difficult about that?

I am well aware that you can be prosecuted for things you say under current laws.

Original post by BruceJender
So you'd rather bury your head in sand then? Is that what you're saying?

Why would that mean burying my head in the sand?

That's equality for you. A man would never expect to get away with spouting this hysterical and inane babble unchallenged. That aside which to you is so fascinating that you repeat it constantly almost as a plea, that you are a girl, is completely irrelevant.

The fact is that the rhetoric Ms Mustafa and yourself are pushing is an attempt to rally powerful men into doing your bidding, ie, the systematic destruction of the target of identity politics motivated hatred, the White Male.

To label you wolves in lambs clothing is a compliment too far, but Ms Mustafa's indiscreet highlighting of the upshot of all this speaks volumes. You have to defend her, because that is what you believe.

When this rhetoric is couched in academic terms it remains an obsession of so-called intellectuals and the general public sits blissfully unaware, or at most passively bewildered. But everyone understands a phrase as nakedly aggressive as "kill all white men".

If "racism" and "sexism" follow as a consequence of this extreme-left overreach it would only be the reversal of the pendulum's swing, and about time too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending