The Student Room Group

Brunel vs goldsmiths for computer science

Hi which would you recommend to study bsc computers science, brunel or goldsmiths?

Which uni is better in that course?

Thanks
from things i’ve heard i recommend brunel
Original post by Umayrc63
Hi which would you recommend to study bsc computers science, brunel or goldsmiths?

Which uni is better in that course?

Thanks

It depends on what you are looking for from a university. For computer science i've heard Brunel has a more classical approach to computer science but the cohort is rather large and you can get lost in the system. I had a few people on my course come from Brunel because of admin issues. From my experience it's a lot easier to get hold of staff at Goldsmiths within the computing department and they have always been open to helping me out. It probably because we have a smaller cohort. Goldsmiths does a lot of the "classical" computing topics as well but there's a lot of room to try other things as there are a lot of creatives at Goldsmiths you can work with.

In regards to the experience you may have at both although Brunel is in London it is zone 8 which makes it difficult to get to central. I've visited some friends there and it takes about an hour or so from central. The feeling of Brunel is very similar to other universities I've been to outside of London. If you want a more London experience Goldsmiths is a lot closer to central and is a lot easier to get to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending