The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Pgce secondary English goldsmith interview

Hello!

I have been invited to an interview for PGCE Secondary English at Goldsmiths.

Can anyone give any advice on what to expect?

For example:

- what kind of questions were asked at interview
- how was the subject written test and what did it involve.

Any general pgce interview tips are helpful too!

Hiya, Im really surprised no-one has answer your question. I found this from asking this question myself, can you possibly help me?Hope to hear from someone soon.Thank you.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Hi!

I got into goldsmiths in the end but chose Kings!

At the goldsmiths interview, we had to discuss topics as a group while they observed us. (More casual than it sounds!)

Then we were given a poem and asked to plan a rough lesson ( they weren’t expecting mountains just some clear ideas)

In the interview they asked some questions about the lesson and poem, as well as other questions like what book we would teach to ks3 If we could teach anything.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Hiya

Goodness, what a quick reply. I'm so grateful.

This sound a little like an interview for primary teaching, is it?

I have been told to prepare note on the topic Inclusion, watch a video "every child needs a champion', show a sample of my creative works and a individual interview with Subject Tutor.

Is this something you could recommend tips on? Im so nervous as I really want this uni.

Thank you
Reply 4
HelloI have a Goldsmith interview coming up and they have asked me to prepare the same thing.How did your interview go? Are there any specific questions they ask?I have already had an unsuccessful interview and I really want this one to go well.
Reply 5
I have an interview for Goldsmiths too now. Do you reckon its changed much since last year? It is of course online and perhaps more limited. Has anyone had an online interview with Goldsmiths for the English PGCE yet?
Hi Hiya,I have an interview with Goldsmith and I was told to prepare the same thing. Any tips, please.Thank you
Reply 7
Original post by soraya2016
Hi Hiya,I have an interview with Goldsmith and I was told to prepare the same thing. Any tips, please.Thank you

Hey I’m starting my pgce with goldsmiths in September for primary, how was ur exp with the university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending