The Student Room Group

My A Levels

So as of this year, due to the new A Level changes, my sixth form wanted most of the year 12s to pick 3 subjects. Unfortunately, they made some of us do 4 subjects. While I don't mind doing 4, the only problem is that the 4th subject I unfortunately have to do is media studies. Now I know there is a lot of controversy regarding this subject, being that it's soft and all, but I know that I want to continue my other 3 (maths geography and sociology) until the end of year 13, and drop Media studies at the end of year 12. Is that okay? Universities mainly look at the A2 grades right?
I'm panicking because I'm scared universities will look down at my AS grade in media studies. I'm okay, and a bit annoyed with media; okay because I understand the content, but annoyed because it is half coursework based ~ taking a lot of my time in figuring out what my plans are with my group member, since we both started late to the course (a week ago). Oh and btw, I can't drop it; going back to my point earlier, my teacher wanted some of the year 12s to do 4 options, and media was my only 4th choice because the other classes were full.

Need some opinions regarding this:
*How will non russell universities look at an AS grade in media studies?
*And are my A Level combinations okay?
You should be okay - your others aren't 'soft'' subjects and I think that they will only look at your AS grade if you are a borderline case, as most will have only three next year.

Quick Reply

Latest