The Student Room Group

Urgent question: do you have to declare all results?

I have booked (privately) 2 maths a-level exams for next week however I'm not as confident as I'd hoped (wanted As but probably just scraping B in practice)

I still want to do them just for practice but I will probably retake them with a different exam board in the summer. Will I still have declare these for UCAS? If just cancel them I take it that wouldn't show up at all?

Thanks
Just try ur best make a timetable and naybe ull get those As
Original post by skeptical_john
I have booked (privately) 2 maths a-level exams for next week however I'm not as confident as I'd hoped (wanted As but probably just scraping B in practice)

I still want to do them just for practice but I will probably retake them with a different exam board in the summer. Will I still have declare these for UCAS? If just cancel them I take it that wouldn't show up at all?

Thanks

UCAS can access your unique candidate number, which I believe shows every exam you have ever taken.

If you cancel those papers, prepare to pay a fee as I'm pretty sure you're charged for not sitting an exam.
Original post by AnnieGakusei
UCAS can access your unique candidate number, which I believe shows every exam you have ever taken.

If you cancel those papers, prepare to pay a fee as I'm pretty sure you're charged for not sitting an exam.

That seems odd if I've paid to take them already it would save them marking money if I didnt attend? Unless there are set up costs that are being subsidized

Yes that's what I thought about UCN.
That seems odd if I've paid to take them already it would save them marking money if I didnt attend? Unless there are set up costs that are being subsidized

Yes that's what I thought about UCN.

I have to say I'm not entirely certain about this, but I do believe it's the case. You should look up the specific exam board and find out what they have to say.

Best of luck!
If you haven't sat them by the time you apply then I don't see why you would have to declare them. However, you would have to declare qualifications you already hold so if you've sat them by the time you apply, then you'll have to declare the result whether you like it or not. Not doing so would be considered fraud.

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
OK so I would have to declare them, I guess the other factor is would the uni turn me down on a lower grade. I think I'll just take them, seems like the easy option to duck out which I dont like doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending