The Student Room Group
physics for you is good,i used that and CGP AS physics (which just livens up the subject a bit-although it isn't the best revision guide)
Reply 2
Do you mean revision guides or textbooks? They're two different things. :smile:

If you mean revision guides, then the only ones I know of would be the ones by CGP, Letts, Collions and Oxford University Press.

If you mean textbooks, what about Advanced Physics by the OUP? That's pretty definitive. Physics for You isn't bad but I find it's too simplistic in places.
Reply 3
Dharma
Physics for You isn't bad but I find it's too simplistic in places.

And it doesn't explain things properly.

I used the Letts Revision Guide, its got all the Info I needed for my Physics Units.
Reply 4
fblade
And it doesn't explain things properly.
That's absolutely right also. It can only be used as more of a revision guide, even though it's chunky.
Reply 5
I used one of the Collin's revision guides last year called AS Revision notes - physics. It was really useful as it sets all the topics out in note form so they're easier to remember and I think the pages are perforated too so you can pull them out and put them in with your own notes.
x
Reply 6
I am using a Heinemann revision guide and it is increadibly useful...havent really looked at any others though so cant compare...but then again i havent really neeeded to (its that good!) :smile:

http://www.heinemann.co.uk/secondary/category.aspx?n=555&d=s&s=915

Latest