The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

University of Gloucestershire Applicants 2016

Hello everyone,

We have created this thread for anyone who is thinking of applying to the University of Gloucestershire in 2016.

If you’re looking to study with us in Cheltenham or Gloucester, introduce yourself, tell us what you’re interested in studying and we can answer any questions you have about our courses or university.

Maria at the University of Gloucestershire
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
I have applied for the primary education course key stage 1/2. I applied nearly two weeks ago and have had no reply, but I know someone who has in the early years course! It's worrying me! How do I know you have recieved my application?
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Original post by megeemoo
Hi,
I have applied for the primary education course key stage 1/2. I applied nearly two weeks ago and have had no reply, but I know someone who has in the early years course! It's worrying me! How do I know you have recieved my application?

Have you heard any more from the university?
Hopefully you've had your interviews by now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi :smile:
I have applied to study animal biology and recieved my offer!
With the optional field courses to South Africa and the Swiss Alps, if there an option of going to both of these or is it just one?

Original post by chelss33
Hi :smile:
I have applied to study animal biology and recieved my offer!
With the optional field courses to South Africa and the Swiss Alps, if there an option of going to both of these or is it just one?

Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on your offer, we look forward to seeing you in September!

Currently, our 2 trips are to South Africa and the Swiss Alps - our South Africa fieldtrip goes in early-mid May and our Alps trip goes in early June. I would hope that we wouldn’t need to change the dates of our trips and so students could go on both trips, indeed in the past some students have gone both to South Africa and the Alps. This could be within the same year, or you could do one trip one year the other the year after.The fieldtrip is linked to a module and students will complete an assignment on their fieldtrip.

Where students go on 2 trips one would count towards the assessment, the other we can possibly link to an internship or other module.

Hope this helps!

Reply 5
Original post by University of Gloucestershire
Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on your offer, we look forward to seeing you in September!

Currently, our 2 trips are to South Africa and the Swiss Alps - our South Africa fieldtrip goes in early-mid May and our Alps trip goes in early June. I would hope that we wouldn’t need to change the dates of our trips and so students could go on both trips, indeed in the past some students have gone both to South Africa and the Alps. This could be within the same year, or you could do one trip one year the other the year after.The fieldtrip is linked to a module and students will complete an assignment on their fieldtrip.

Where students go on 2 trips one would count towards the assessment, the other we can possibly link to an internship or other module.

Hope this helps!

Hi Maria

Thats brilliant! thankyou for your help!
I'd definitely love to go on both!

What are the approx costs of each of these field trips?

Hi Maria

Thats brilliant! thankyou for your help!
I'd definitely love to go on both!

What are the approx costs of each of these field trips?

Hi there,

The Swiss Alps trip is 7 days and costs ~£600. The South Africa trip about £1600

Each year the cost of flights is the major cost for the trips, and this increases yearly but we do aim for around the above figures which include flight, accommodation and food.

Maria
Hi I have an interview for journalism tomorrow will it take place at the park campus in Cheltenham
Original post by Mannyy2565
Hi I have an interview for journalism tomorrow will it take place at the park campus in Cheltenham

I would imagine it would take place at Park Campus.
Make sure you read the letter that has been sent ti you, all information will be on the letter.
Please make sure you arrive in plenty of time.

Aimee
Original post by Mannyy2565

Hi @Mannyy2565,

Your interview letter will have all the details but you can ring our Admissions team on 0844 801 1 100 to confirm if you are unsure.

Good luck with your interview!

Hi,

I have an interview for 'Television Production' at the Park Campus, I was wondering what should I bring my practical portfolio on? A USB flash drive or a disc?
Thank you
Original post by liamkc1998
Hi,

I have an interview for 'Television Production' at the Park Campus, I was wondering what should I bring my practical portfolio on? A USB flash drive or a disc?
Thank you

Hi Liam,

Please bring both if possible and USB flash drive if only one is possible. Good luck with your interview!

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by University of Gloucestershire
Hi Liam,

Please bring both if possible and USB flash drive if only one is possible. Good luck with your interview!

Thank you for your help, I'll bring both disc and USB flash drive.
Reply 13
Hi Maria!

Could you please let me know the term dates and all the half terms for 2016/2017.
I may be visiting family due to a wedding in Canada which is 2 weeks in Febuary 2017 and would need to know the term date and times to organise things.

Also, things like lecture times and tutorials, how many of these are there per week for undergraduate biology in the first year approx?

Thank you very much! :smile: :smile:
Hi Maria!

Could you please let me know the term dates and all the half terms for 2016/2017.
I may be visiting family due to a wedding in Canada which is 2 weeks in Febuary 2017 and would need to know the term date and times to organise things.

Also, things like lecture times and tutorials, how many of these are there per week for undergraduate biology in the first year approx?

Thank you very much! :smile: :smile:

Hi there,

The term dates for 2016-17 can be seen here and I have attached a copy of the timetable as it stands for 2015. Obviously the details may change but it should give you a better idea of your workload.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by liamkc1998
Hi,

Thank you

Hi Liam,

I studied Television Production here and remember going through the interview process myself so if you have any questions you can always post them on here and I should be able to answer them.

Remember this is your moment to show off what it is you can do and what has inspired you to apply for this course so don't let technology let you down. Like the official rep said, bring your USB, Disc but also email it to yourself as well, and worst case scenario be prepared to talk about your work if all of those fail you. One of the top tips I can give you for a media interview is to prepare for the worst case scenario and then nothing can trip you up on the day.

Be ready to talk about yourself and about TV (I know it feels unnatural), but also enjoy the day and use it as an opportunity to see if the University is right for you as well. If you are anything like me you will have an amazing three years here and will take up some fantastic opportunities.

Hope this helped
Jack
HI! I'm coming here in September to study Physical Education! Anyone else on Oxstalls campus and what accommodation have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by abi_tucker
HI! I'm coming here in September to study Physical Education! Anyone else on Oxstalls campus and what accommodation have you applied for? :smile:

Hi Abi,

I was a student studying Physical Education and Coaching at Oxstalls last year! I loved being there and I lived on campus in my first year. I chose to go there because of the SU and sports facilities being across the road. Plus I could literally roll out of bed into my 9.15 lectures which was a bonus!! My friends who lived at Ermin and Upper Quay loved it too. Ermin have smaller flats (e.g. 5 people living there compared to oxstalls who have 7-9). Its close to Kingsholm stadium which was really cool. Upper Quay were right in the middle of town so had easy access to the bars and restuarants etc. But whether you live at Oxstalls or Ermin you can just get the bus into town so its really easy. All have good sized rooms with ensuites so its all good :smile:
Hi,

I've applied to study Landscape Architecture at FCH campus and received an offer.

I am currently looking at halls of residence accommodation in the guide from the open day, but am still unsure about which one to pick - I like the look of Shaftesbury Hall , Hardwick , St George's .

Which do you think is the best one to choose?

Any advice or further information about these would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Matt
Original post by mattwilson97
Hi,

I've applied to study Landscape Architecture at FCH campus and received an offer.

I am currently looking at halls of residence accommodation in the guide from the open day, but am still unsure about which one to pick - I like the look of Shaftesbury Hall , Hardwick , St George's .

Which do you think is the best one to choose?

Any advice or further information about these would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Matt

Hi Matt,

You can find out more about information about our halls of residence here and you can ask advice and meet other freshers on our 2016 Facebook page here.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending