The Student Room Group

Confused by the way guy is acting?

Okay so I dropped out of university but I got very close to a guy in my flat before I moved out and I've been visiting once a week. I'm pretty sure I've developed feelings for him and the other people in my flat tell me he feels the same way. He's a genuinely lovely person, but he's a massive introvert and get's awkward around me unless he's drunk.

One night when we were both drunk I got into bed with him and we cuddled and kissed - which made things a bit awkward after. Then last night I went back to visit and we went out and when we got back the same thing happened. But there was a bit of touching and stuff going on, and got extremely close to going all the way but I was adamant I didn't want to. We're both virgins but he's got more experience than I have.

I'm really confused and I don't know whether he actually likes me or whether he's just after one thing. Thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I dropped out of university but I got very close to a guy in my flat before I moved out and I've been visiting once a week. I'm pretty sure I've developed feelings for him and the other people in my flat tell me he feels the same way. He's a genuinely lovely person, but he's a massive introvert and get's awkward around me unless he's drunk.

One night when we were both drunk I got into bed with him and we cuddled and kissed - which made things a bit awkward after. Then last night I went back to visit and we went out and when we got back the same thing happened. But there was a bit of touching and stuff going on, and got extremely close to going all the way but I was adamant I didn't want to. We're both virgins but he's got more experience than I have.

I'm really confused and I don't know whether he actually likes me or whether he's just after one thing. Thoughts?

Difficult to tell from what you've described. Though if he is an introvert and a virgin then maybe he's not the type to only want one thing.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Difficult to tell from what you've described. Though if he is an introvert and a virgin then maybe he's not the type to only want one thing.

I thought the same thing because we've opened up to each other about a lot of things, such as my mental health issues etc.
But last night he came onto me a lot, and kept rambling on about what he'd done with other girls. He kept asking me to shower with him and to let him touch me in certain places, or do certain things to him.
I thought the same thing because we've opened up to each other about a lot of things, such as my mental health issues etc.
But last night he came onto me a lot, and kept rambling on about what he'd done with other girls. He kept asking me to shower with him and to let him touch me in certain places, or do certain things to him.

Maybe he is sexually frustrated or awkward as you say.

I guess if you've opened up to eachother and got to know eachother a bit then it's possible that he likes you. You could see if he wants to meet up during the day, have lunch somewhere or watch a movie etc and that'd be a way of telling whether it's all about sex or not.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe he is sexually frustrated or awkward as you say.

I guess if you've opened up to eachother and got to know eachother a bit then it's possible that he likes you. You could see if he wants to meet up during the day, have lunch somewhere or watch a movie etc and that'd be a way of telling whether it's all about sex or not.

Yeah good idea. Thank you. :smile:
To be fair, when you're drunk and in that moment you don't really know what you're doing if you get me. But the fact you mentioned that he's quite introvert around you and gets awkward around you shows some indication of some feelings. If he only wanted you for one thing then he wouldn't be this sort of character around you. And what backs this up is the fact that he's a virgin, further supporting the fact that his main focus isn't sex. Any other additional information to tell us about may help to come up with further conclusions:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by shereensohail
To be fair, when you're drunk and in that moment you don't really know what you're doing if you get me. But the fact you mentioned that he's quite introvert around you and gets awkward around you shows some indication of some feelings. If he only wanted you for one thing then he wouldn't be this sort of character around you. And what backs this up is the fact that he's a virgin, further supporting the fact that his main focus isn't sex. Any other additional information to tell us about may help to come up with further conclusions:smile:

I know he told some of the girls in our flat that he was scared to tell me how he felt because he thought I was too innocent, and he was scared that I'd hurt him (which I wouldn't). He always looks after me when I've had too much to drink and he always dances to me haha. I think I'm just a bit sceptical because of what happened last night but he was a bit out of it, and in the morning we cuddled and he was cool. I was going to tell him how I felt but I got scared.

:smile:
I know he told some of the girls in our flat that he was scared to tell me how he felt because he thought I was too innocent, and he was scared that I'd hurt him (which I wouldn't). He always looks after me when I've had too much to drink and he always dances to me haha. I think I'm just a bit sceptical because of what happened last night but he was a bit out of it, and in the morning we cuddled and he was cool. I was going to tell him how I felt but I got scared.

:smile:

Then I personally don't think he wants you for sex, as else he would have had it with you by now. Plus his nervousness in approaching you and saying how he feels for you shows he genuinely likes you. Everyone feels scared about things but I personally don't think you should. If it's bugging you that much, why don't you ask him personally about how and what he feels towards you. If you need anything else, then pop up to me on snapchat: OfficialShereen and I'd be more than happy to discuss anything else with you more privately and in further detail:smile: xo
Reply 8
Original post by shereensohail
Then I personally don't think he wants you for sex, as else he would have had it with you by now. Plus his nervousness in approaching you and saying how he feels for you shows he genuinely likes you. Everyone feels scared about things but I personally don't think you should. If it's bugging you that much, why don't you ask him personally about how and what he feels towards you. If you need anything else, then pop up to me on snapchat: OfficialShereen and I'd be more than happy to discuss anything else with you more privately and in further detail:smile: xo

Thank you so much :smile: I might try having a chat to him about it tomorrow and see what he says x
Thank you so much :smile: I might try having a chat to him about it tomorrow and see what he says x

Anytime:smile: and yeah that's good!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending