The Student Room Group

Access to HE after A levels?

Hi,
I finished my A levels in 2013, and got ACD (psychology, history, biology). For me that was okay, but I could have done a LOT better, but I had no aims or goals, I just did A levels so I had them.
Then about three months ago I went into hospital, spent about a month in there and decided I wanted to be a nurse. My a levels are not good enough for me to get into any good uni's, so I started an access course (im 20). It's going really well, top marks in coursework etc so far, and feel really motivated.
My only worry is that universities will see I've done A levels and now an access course and this may weaken my application? My first choice is southampton, and I'm desperate to go there but am worried about the fact I've done a levels and am now doing an access course!
Any thoughts?
Reply 1
I'm on an exactly same boat as you!
That's what access courses are for, to improve existing grades! I'm doing an access course now and my previous grades from other courses aren't all that good. I have received all 5 interviews for unis! There is a range of different people on my course and some of them are people that have completed A level results but want to improve their chances of getting into uni!

You could always email unis and see if they will accept your current grades and if not do the access course x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending