Name: Shah
Course: Economics
Originally From: Bradford
Reply 3
Name: Gayle
Course : Computer Science
Singapore..
Reply 4
edin have been owning itself thread for a long time!
i want to study at edin univ next year for postgrad progrom in EE.
anyone who intend to this school for EE postgrad next year?? :smile: :smile:
Reply 5
Hi all!

Name - Philipp
Course - MSc in AI / Robotics (postgrad)
Originally From - Near Frankfurt, Germany

Can't wait! Finally an Ed. subforum, yippey!
Reply 6
Ooh, so impressed!! :biggrin: (and note the number of non-Scots who've posted :tongue: )

Name: Tiffany
Course: Law
Originally from: Dundee

Until August 10 nothing is certain, but hopefully see some of you people in September :smile: .
Reply 7
The Duck
Ooh, so impressed!! :biggrin: (and note the number of non-Scots who've posted :tongue: )

Name: Tiffany
Course: Law
Originally from: Dundee

Until August 10 nothing is certain, but hopefully see some of you people in September :smile: .

I think your officially the first true Scot going to Edinburgh to post!!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Haha, Although im not a first-year - I will be going to Edinburgh for the first time this year...

Home School: Harvard
Course: Social Policy
Hometown: near Washington DC
Reply 9
hstudent06
Haha, Although im not a first-year - I will be going to Edinburgh for the first time this year...

Home School: Harvard
Course: Social Policy
Hometown: near Washington DC

Hi! I'm also from outside the U.K :smile: What's your story of finding out about the U. of Ed.? I got to know about it because of its distinguished reputation in Artificial Intelligence. Let us know about your story =)

Cya!!
Reply 10
Name: Kiril
Course: Computer Science
Originally from: Basnsko, Bulgaria.
Reply 11
mitchubus
Hi all!

Name - Philipp
Course - MSc in AI / Robotics (postgrad)
Originally From - Near Frankfurt, Germany

Can't wait! Finally an Ed. subforum, yippey!

Hiya,
I'm actually from England, but living in germany at the moment , quite close to frankfurt. U know Karlsruhe by any change?
Edinburgh is my second choise...sooo...i dont really know if i'll be there..but we'll see....

Sabrina
xxxx
Reply 12
Sabalotz
Hiya,
I'm actually from England, but living in germany at the moment , quite close to frankfurt. U know Karlsruhe by any change?

Hi!! I know Karlsruhe, it's about 250km from here. Pretty cool, how is the place? What brings you to Germany? And: what's ur first choice university? Questions over questions!! :P Btw, I'm sorry that Portugal beat the English team.. but you know, we got kicked out too :P

CYa!!
Reply 13
Kiril
Name: Kiril
Course: Computer Science
Originally from: Basnsko, Bulgaria.

Have you decided on first or second year entry yet?!? :confused:
Reply 14
mitchubus
Hi! I'm also from outside the U.K :smile: What's your story of finding out about the U. of Ed.? I got to know about it because of its distinguished reputation in Artificial Intelligence. Let us know about your story =)

Cya!!

I am interested in studying social policy - especially the european welfare state - and the department at Ed is first rate. I also heard its the greatest city on earth - and well since I've never left the US, seems that it would be a good first international city.

I am really excited
Reply 15
mitchubus
Hi!! I know Karlsruhe, it's about 250km from here. Pretty cool, how is the place? What brings you to Germany? And: what's ur first choice university? Questions over questions!! :P Btw, I'm sorry that Portugal beat the English team.. but you know, we got kicked out too :P

CYa!!

jaja, aber die deutschen hättens auch nicht verdient!

Anyway, veryvery long story how i got here basically, but i'll leave that for next time ! :smile: Anyway, my 1st choice is Bath, but i have to wait another 2 weeks to get my results, so we'll see then.
Karlsruhe, cool?? ermm...i think frankfurt is a tad bit better!
'till then ,,
Sabrina
xxx

ps. u actually german?
Reply 16
Leekey
Have you decided on first or second year entry yet?!? :confused:

I am only studying AS-maths, my offer is based on AS-level, not on A2, unfortunately, so that's why I have to get an A, hence I don't think I'm eligible to second year entry. However, since I hold a scholarship I don't wanna rush myself, I'll enjoy every minute of my 4 year stay over there :wink:. Anyways, I'm still interested in understanding how they assess you for that second year entry thing?
Reply 17
Sabalotz
jaja, aber die deutschen hättens auch nicht verdient!

Oh? I know we really played badly this time but we could have gotten lucky :P

Anyway, veryvery long story how i got here basically, but i'll leave that for next time ! :smile: Anyway, my 1st choice is Bath, but i have to wait another 2 weeks to get my results, so we'll see then.

If you really want to get into Bath I really hope it works out for u. All the best! If not, Edinburgh is the second best thing ther is =P

Karlsruhe, cool?? ermm...i think frankfurt is a tad bit better!
'till then ,,
Sabrina
xxx

ps. u actually german?

Yea, i'm german... i did my bsc in germany and now i'm going for msc to G.B. -- can't wait. I spent a semester in the US already and i love going to other places! Oh and i totally agree, Frankfurt is so much better than Karlsruhe :P

Cya!!
Reply 18
Kiril
I am only studying AS-maths, my offer is based on AS-level, not on A2, unfortunately, so that's why I have to get an A, hence I don't think I'm eligible to second year entry. However, since I hold a scholarship I don't wanna rush myself, I'll enjoy every minute of my 4 year stay over there :wink:. Anyways, I'm still interested in understanding how they assess you for that second year entry thing?

Quite simply they look for candidates with AAA in the correct subjects. You have to have maths and I think pyhsics, electronics or computing as a minimum requirement (I think). :smile:
Reply 19
Yeah, well basically we got here coz of my dads job and stuff. I was born in england and lived there for a qhile, then came here. And now i'm jsut finishing my Bacc at the european school karlsruhe, english section. ( or 'Abi' as u lot all it over here...well its not really the same, ven though our (crap) abi logo may be 'kabisutra, jetzt gehts auf stellungssuche.'....lovely eh?!)

I would like to go to bath, and i hope i'll make it, but it was such a close decision between ed. and bath, they are nearly equaly good. So i think if i do end up in edin. then i wont regret it much or anything ! hehe , well we'll see wont we....on the 10th of july.... ! :P

'till then,

Sabrina
xx

Latest

Trending

Trending