The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sabalotz
our (crap) abi logo may be 'kabisutra, jetzt gehts auf stellungssuche.'....lovely eh?!

megalol!!! actually ours wasn't too good either! my school was on a hill so many ppl called the students going there: 'berger' so our logo was 'abi 2000 - und wieder ein paar schlauberger mehr' :P so don't feel bad about urs cause others are just as bad =)

Oki, let us know on 10 July ...

best of luck,
cya!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 21
i think originallity is something many of those ppl lack, lol, both in your and my school.

So what you doing at the moment? in Frankfurt or still over in the US?

Sabrina

btw....what exactly u studing...hehe...:smile:
Reply 22
Sabalotz
So what you doing at the moment? in Frankfurt or still over in the US?

I'm pretty close to Frankfurt at the mom. But if everything had gone well I would be in San Francisco for 1 week right now cause they admitted me at Apple's WWDC for free... which sucks cause i love SF :smile: But no chance now, I have to write that <beep> BSc thesis............................. awwwwwwwwwwwww

btw....what exactly u studing...hehe...:smile:

BSc in Computer Science w/ minor Business Administration :P

Cya!!
Reply 23
Name - Andrew Ferguson
Course - Linguistics with Artificial Intelligence (4 Year MA)
Originally From - Scotland, but have lived in England (Bedfordshire) most of my life, but looking forward to living in Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 24
Cheers everyone

Name: Tomek Nowakowski
Course: BSc Biological Sciences [possibly 2yr entry /will know on 5 July/]
From: Poland, Gdansk /the place where Solidarnosc, should anyone know what it was, originated :tongue: /
Reply 25
Debbie Bradnock
Biological Sciences but wanting to change to Neuroscience-I HATE ECOLOGY!!
Not arriving till '05 as doing a gap year

Hope to meet you people up there! The city is great, I grew up there, much nicer atmosphere and people in general than down south

x
Reply 26
BonnieLass
Debbie Bradnock

Hope to meet you people up there! The city is great, I grew up there, much nicer atmosphere and people in general than down south

x

Your right about people being nice up there! :smile:
Reply 27
BonnieLass
Debbie Bradnock

x

I think I'll be doing Honours in Neuroscience as well. Is Edinburgh better in Neuroscience or Developmental Biology - does anyone know?
Tomek
I think I'll be doing Honours in Neuroscience as well. Is Edinburgh better in Neuroscience or Developmental Biology - does anyone know?

Whats the course structre for life sciences like in Edinburgh? i did Neuroscience in Glasgow for a year but i wouldnt have actually started Neuroscience itself until 3rd year because of the way it was structured there.
Reply 29
an Siarach
Whats the course structre for life sciences like in Edinburgh? i did Neuroscience in Glasgow for a year but i wouldnt have actually started Neuroscience itself until 3rd year because of the way it was structured there.

It's structured quite the same: you start doing Neuroscience with Pharmacology in the 3rd yr and then Neuroscience in the 4th. But then the choice of courses in the proceeding years is important, for they provide necessary background for neuroscience [e.g. Brain and Behaviour]. :rolleyes:
Tomek
It's structured quite the same: you start doing Neuroscience with Pharmacology in the 3rd yr and then Neuroscience in the 4th. But then the choice of courses in the proceeding years is important, for they provide necessary background for neuroscience [e.g. Brain and Behaviour]. :rolleyes:

I was greatly disappointed when i found out i wouldnt get straight into my subject of choice, though for many the flexibility you get with the first year is undoubtedly a great boon. Id recommend anyone whos absolutely set on Neuroscience to go to a University which does a more firmly set degree, for example if you take Neuroscience at UCL you start off on the real stuff in first year.
Reply 31
an Siarach
I was greatly disappointed when i found out i wouldnt get straight into my subject of choice, though for many the flexibility you get with the first year is undoubtedly a great boon. Id recommend anyone whos absolutely set on Neuroscience to go to a University which does a more firmly set degree, for example if you take Neuroscience at UCL you start off on the real stuff in first year.

That's right, but to my mind this flexible structure provide graduates with a wider knowledge, not just concentrated on e.g. neuroscience. For instance, if someone is interested in the development of the nervous system in embryo development, then the flexibility allows him to choose proper courses. This strategy reminds of American Univs. Graduates are probably more open minded and prepared to search in different areas, let alone having an opportunity to change one's mind.
Reply 32
mitchubus
I'm pretty close to Frankfurt at the mom. But if everything had gone well I would be in San Francisco for 1 week right now cause they admitted me at Apple's WWDC for free... which sucks cause i love SF :smile: But no chance now, I have to write that <beep> BSc thesis............................. awwwwwwwwwwwww

BSc in Computer Science w/ minor Business Administration :P

Cya!!

Hey. I looked through the prospectus carefully and I never saw a Business Administration degree, if they have one I'm on it as well! Are you sure they have this?

And hey, Leekey, how were your exams? (I messed up my stats a little bit so I'm on the edge between an A and a B :frown: ) Btw does someone know whether we get our results on 12 or on 19 August?
Reply 33
Kiril
Hey. I looked through the prospectus carefully and I never saw a Business Administration degree, if they have one I'm on it as well! Are you sure they have this?

And hey, Leekey, how were your exams? (I messed up my stats a little bit so I'm on the edge between an A and a B :frown: ) Btw does someone know whether we get our results on 12 or on 19 August?

AFAIK A-Level results are on Thursday 19th Aughust.
Reply 34
Kiril

Hehe, i did that BSc at my home university here in germany. I'm only doing MSc 1-year course in ed.

cya!
Reply 35
Kiril

Mine were alright in the end, I think it will all some down to me getting a decent grade in P3 and S2 though. Hopefully all the revision will pay off and I'll get Edinburgh.......just have to wait, hope and PRAY!!! :wink: :smile:
Reply 36
If i don't get those grades there is no bloody God. If there was one he'd had seen me doing 10 hrs a day revising maths, it, accounting and french.but in the end, i think i'm gonna screw up maths by only a slice. :frown:
Reply 37
Kiril
If i don't get those grades there is no bloody God. If there was one he'd had seen me doing 10 hrs a day revising maths, it, accounting and french.but in the end, i think i'm gonna screw up maths by only a slice. :frown:

Hiya,

I wouldnt worry about it too much, dont stress youself out now just before you have got to do the exam, it's not worth it ! and if u only just miss your offer they may still consider you. It has happened several times at our school, it all depends!

But i'm sure it'll all work out in the end, and if you dont end up in edin. u'll go somewhere else and have a smashing good time! :smile:

All the best,
Sabrina
xxx
Reply 38
Name: Emma
Course: Classics and Politics
scruffypippin
Hi, my name is Rob, I'm from Lancashire and will be studying Geography. (my god this sounds like Blind Date.....)

hey all, im goin into 2nd year doing mechanical engineering (tho im not a butch lesbian i promise) and dont check this very often but if u have ne ickle questions bout edinburgh then u can PM me and i shud get em in my email and if ur lucky ill reply!
and if NE of u get into LEE HOUSE definitely let me know!
x o x

Latest

Trending

Trending