The Student Room Group

MA Lse or KCL

Hello everyone!!

I am writing to have some help with my masters application. I have been accepted at KCL for the MA in Global Ethics and Human Values, which I particularly love. The MA is based in the Dickson Poon School of Law, ranked best in the world for legal research. However, I have some doubts. As my MA is not an LLM would employers still consider it?

Furthermore, I was thinking of applying to LSE for the MA in Human Rights but I can only see contrasting infos from the ones saying LSE is always the best, and the ones saying that for my topics KCL would be the best choice.

Can you help me?
Thank you!

p.s: for now I would like to pursue a career in legal research (in particular human rights law)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BZila
Hello everyone!!

I am writing to have some help with my masters application. I have been accepted at KCL for the MA in Global Ethics and Human Values, which I particularly love. The MA is based in the Dickson Poon School of Law, ranked best in the world for legal research. However, I have some doubts. As my MA is not an LLM would employers still consider it?

Furthermore, I was thinking of applying to LSE for the MA in Human Rights but I can only see contrasting infos from the ones saying LSE is always the best, and the ones saying that for my topics KCL would be the best choice.

Can you help me?
Thank you!

p.s: for now I would like to pursue a career in legal research (in particular human rights law)

If by 'best' you mean reputation and prestige, then LSE is considerably higher than KCL.

Which one you decide to go to with will depend on how how much you value prestige, compared with interest in the course.
Reply 2
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
If by 'best' you mean reputation and prestige, then LSE is considerably higher than KCL.

Which one you decide to go to with will depend on how how much you value prestige, compared with interest in the course.

By best I mean which university is best for human rights and law as as far as I know LSE is particularly good for economics, finance and politics whereas KCL is best for international relations and law.. am I wrong?
Original post by BZila
By best I mean which university is best for human rights and law as as far as I know LSE is particularly good for economics, finance and politics whereas KCL is best for international relations and law.. am I wrong?

I really don't think there's much in it. In the real world absolutely no-one will care about King's being slightly better than LSE for human rights. For one thing, that statement is highly difficult to prove. What exactly makes King's better for that specific area?

What people will care about is whether you went to LSE or KCL. Generally speaking, LSE is considerably more prestigious and elite than KCL.

If you decide to go with KCL because that course interests you more, then that's absolutely fine. However, it would be wrong to suggest that in the 'world of work', employers will actually give even a remote **** that KCL is better for Human rights.
I think LSE will benefit you more if you're just looking to get employers to notice you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending