The Student Room Group

HELP! running for maths society vp....

Hey I put myself forward for vice president of my school's pure maths society which means i have to make a short speech on wednesday for why the other members should vote for me. i am going up against ~4 other people and i have no idea what to say and i really don't want to embarrass myself. any ideas? :///
Well if you do follow the above poster's advice, I would replace 360 360 with 2π 2 \pi .

I can't really make any suggestions without knowing what your job would entail.
Reply 2
Just talk about stuff you've done before that would help perform the task at hand. Also, don't go all robotic - use the time to let them get to know you.
Original post by 16Characters....
Well if you do follow the above poster's advice, I would replace 360 360 with 2π 2 \pi .

I can't really make any suggestions without knowing what your job would entail.

the thing is.... i actually have no idea what my job would entail
2pi noscope :rofl: don't forget to talk about your mad C4 'skillz'.

But really, find out what the role entails, what ideas you have to improve the societies, maybe an idea for a fun social, what relevant skills you have, past experience etc.
Anyone in a position of authority in a society must carry themselves with confidence. Before you can convince other people that you are a better candidate than those you are running against, you yourself must be sure of the fact that you are indeed BETTER. Having convinced yourself of such, you must then proceed to show and persuade the electorate just how unsuitable the other candidates are. Be careful to disguise ad hominem attacks as carefully considered criticisms with a factual basis.

Hope this helps x
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Hey I put myself forward for vice president of my school's pure maths society which means i have to make a short speech on wednesday for why the other members should vote for me. i am going up against ~4 other people and i have no idea what to say and i really don't want to embarrass myself. any ideas? :///

Tell the lads you have a vagina.
Original post by irfanbadshah3
Anyone in a position of authority in a society must carry themselves with confidence. Before you can convince other people that you are a better candidate than those you are running against, you yourself must be sure of the fact that you are indeed BETTER. Having convinced yourself of such, you must then proceed to show and persuade the electorate just how unsuitable the other candidates are. Be careful to disguise ad hominem attacks as carefully considered criticisms with a factual basis.

Hope this helps x

i do think i'm better.... but i don't have any reasons that i am better its really probs just my ego so i don't know what i could actually say

Quick Reply

Latest