The Student Room Group

First year biochemical engineering student unsure of career.. maybe IT???

Hi there, I am a first year biochemical engineering student and don't no what I want to do in life. I chose this degree because I thought it would be a good mix between science and engineering but I dont enjoy it much. Though I would be alright to put up with it for 4 yrs for good career opportunities.I was wondering whether IT firms/jobs would regard my degree.So would it be better to do 4yrs MEng degree in biochem eng and a yr of msc computer science.... OR change to computer science next yr????HELPPPP
Original post by cuty123
Hi there, I am a first year biochemical engineering student and don't no what I want to do in life. I chose this degree because I thought it would be a good mix between science and engineering but I dont enjoy it much. Though I would be alright to put up with it for 4 yrs for good career opportunities.I was wondering whether IT firms/jobs would regard my degree.So would it be better to do 4yrs MEng degree in biochem eng and a yr of msc computer science.... OR change to computer science next yr????HELPPPP

Talk to your university advisers first, but if you're sure you want to do IT then switch asap.

Quick Reply

Latest