The Student Room Group

I’m trying to decide my A-levels

Im currently in year 11 doing my GCSEs, English literature, language, maths, further maths, triple science, food and nutrition, Spanish, geography and I also have a (what is equivalent to) half gcse in Ancient Greek. I had my Sixth form open evening and looked around Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Spanish, Economics, Psychology and I’m a bit unsure of what to do. I’m predicted 9’s in those subjects and want to know which 4 subjects are best for medicine, neuroscience, biochem, or pure biology. Please help!
Original post by Oran.gess
Im currently in year 11 doing my GCSEs, English literature, language, maths, further maths, triple science, food and nutrition, Spanish, geography and I also have a (what is equivalent to) half gcse in Ancient Greek. I had my Sixth form open evening and looked around Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Spanish, Economics, Psychology and I’m a bit unsure of what to do. I’m predicted 9’s in those subjects and want to know which 4 subjects are best for medicine, neuroscience, biochem, or pure biology. Please help!

From your GCSEs, I would say that you should study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics.

That way, you can study anything from Natural Sciences to Medicine to Pure Biology, Engineering, Pure Chemistry, Maths, Physics etc.

If you dont want to study all sciences, then maybe switch Physics with Economics then your net widens more. Good luck
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest