The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Is anyone else doing BTEC and applied to Sussex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pannyfrost
Whaaat?! That's so cutthroat :facepalm: It might just be that your course was really full and they accepted other people first, for some reason! It's kind of odd that they rejected you even though you exceeded the requirements too - defo puts me on edge since I haven't had a decision been made yet :afraid: let me know what they say when they get back to you! I'm sorry to hear :frown: but Cardiff is still amazing!

I hope that's not why they rejected me, I got my application in on the 5th November :facepalm: I got a rejection from Leicester too a few hours after and they wanted DDM! My personal statement was quite risky tbh so I think it was that. You'll probably get an offer though if you meet the requirements. At least my rejection shows they do actually consider more than just grades though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Original post by urbanforestry
I hope that's not why they rejected me, I got my application in on the 5th November :facepalm: I got a rejection from Leicester too a few hours after and they wanted DDM! My personal statement was quite risky tbh so I think it was that. You'll probably get an offer though if you meet the requirements. At least my rejection shows they do actually consider more than just grades though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?! I thought Cardiff would've at least been harder to get onto, so that's confusing! How come your personal statement was risky? Haha but there is my problem, because I don't meet the grade requirements:afraid: I think they ask for DD (BTEC) and B at A level = AAB. or DM and an A = ABB. I'm predicted D*D* C. I called them up on Thurs and they told me that they're sifting through heaps of applications atm so they couldn't tell me how long they'll be, I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed:argh:
Original post by urbanforestry

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not quite sure what you mean by risky but I feel like I done something similar spoke too much about countries I've lived and didn't focus enough on other aspects well best of luck to both of you
and if you would still like to go to sussex btec students receive there grades much earlier so try clearing when it opens
Reply 24
I managed to receive 3 undergraduate offers (for the different course choices I applied to) and a foundation year offer from Sussex, with the remaining undergraduate offer from Essex. Not too sure how I got them, considering I achieved DEE at AS level and my predicted grades don't meet the undergraduate requirements. But hey, I'm not at all complaining - just super relieved! :smile: I know my friend got a rejection for the foundation course, even though we are predicted the exact same grades; so I'm super surprised I even managed to get undergraduate offers. Decided to firm Economics and Finance, and put the foundation year offer as my insurance choice as the offer is lower. Turns out doing a BTEC isn't so bad! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by buddhaman
im not quite sure what you mean by risky but I feel like I done something similar spoke too much about countries I've lived and didn't focus enough on other aspects well best of luck to both of you

Thank you, and you! :smile: I've detailed my offers above. How did you do?
i thought i would get rejected from Sussex as i got rejected from all my other choice universities because of my current grades but they accepted me. @_@ my friend was saying its most probably because of my personal statement (that she looked through before giving the thumbs up and advice on my personal statement). btw im doing BTEC too~ i applied for the first year because i knew they would offer me the foundation if i didnt get the grade.
Reply 27
Anyone got their BTEC results back yet? We got ours back this week!
Original post by pannyfrost
Anyone got their BTEC results back yet? We got ours back this week!

I've still got another five weeks left of my course lmao. Good luck though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending