The Student Room Group

Western Islamophobia and racism, caused the events last night, we need to admit this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates
USA is and was a lot more open to foreign immigration, Likewise with Canada too. Both have a low proportion of domestic terrorism and muslim communities are doing quite well.

Less welfare dependency, better housing, incomes - you name it.

Both Canada and America have points systems, like Australia.

In principle they are more open to foreigners, but there is very much a mentality of wanting the best foreigners. Places which are majority-minority can actually function really well, but only if the people are rich lol
Reply 21
Original post by Sales89

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.

Seriously? You believe a totalitarian illiberal society will solve this crisis? No. You won't be able to throw this tantrum in the first place.

A lot of people get criticised in a liberal society; none of them kill innocent people.

Stop justifying violence and terrorism.
Original post by The Rad Prince
Both Canada and America have points systems, like Australia.

In principle they are more open to foreigners, but there is very much a mentality of wanting the best foreigners. Places which are majority-minority can actually function really well, but only if the people are rich lol

This is before the points system i know it's got a lot more strict now. But they literally took anyone during the end of the industrial revolution in Britain. You have many 3rd/4th party migrants there.
This is before the points system i know it's got a lot more strict now. But they literally took anyone during the end of the industrial revolution in Britain. You have many 3rd/4th party migrants there.

That was a long time ago, but during those times there was absolutely no welfare which acts as a self-regulation.
That was a long time ago, but during those times there was absolutely no welfare which acts as a self-regulation.

lol but the stats i am posting are not for then but are for now. The people are exactly the same.
Nope he is saying it's a state of affairs. As we know in some very poor parts of the USA rampant racism exists to alarming levels. When you take away housing, jobs etc all you have left is discrimination and anger.

I'm not justifying it for a second. But take a look at white supremacists going on random shooting sprees they are usually dirt poor and poorly educated.

You are trying to rationalise it as something other than ideological terrorism. Do you honestly think Islamophobia will lessen now that these acts have been committed? If anything it will get worse. We didn't ask Muslims and Arabs to come to the West, they came here. If they don't like their current situation in Europe they are more than welcome to go back to the Gulf states; we can see whether they prefer the ISIL style of persecution.
Original post by IslamistheTruth
"say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens"

There it is.

I keep hearing that Islam is a religion of peace, so presumably nothing.
Original post by Sales89
For the past 5 years Muslims have been treated like dirt. They are given the worst housing, worst jobs, they're not giving good enough benefits to support their families, they have been given 10% when they require 100%.

Being a Muslims walking down the street on being on a bus, how do you think that feels? with people looking at you like your different. Now, Muslims have become tired of Islamohpobic comments and free speech laws. Free speech which allows our prophet to be called a child abuser, free speech on the Qu'ran being intolerant, free speech on Muslim men who have been framed by white women on 'grooming gangs' when they were innocent. Why wouldn't people want to lash out.

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

The attacks last night occurred because of racism from the likes of UKIP, who want to control the boarders and disallow Muslims jobs and benefits.

Muslims refugees have been put in concentration camps and not welcomed either.

If people keep their mouths closed this wouldn't happen. If you are brave enough, say your Islamophobic thoughts to a Muslims face and see what happpens instead of sitting behind a screen or writing your opinions on youtube.

Are you trying to justify the massacre of 160 people?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by napkinsquirrel
You are trying to rationalise it as something other than ideological terrorism. Do you honestly think Islamophobia will lessen now that these acts have been committed? If anything it will get worse. We didn't ask Muslims and Arabs to come to the West, they came here. If they don't like their current situation in Europe they are more than welcome to go back to the Gulf states; we can see whether they prefer the ISIL style of persecution.

I don't think it's a DIRECT cause personally but i think it's a factor of creating a place where hard line views can flourish. Economic opportunity alongside education is our best deterrent against radicalism. But creating an inclusive society cannot be done over night.
lol but the stats i am posting are not for then but are for now. The people are exactly the same.

Lots of wealth is passed down, most in fact.

I know there are really wealthy Lebanese people in the US, but they're not a danger because they are ****ing loaded.
Lots of wealth is passed down, most in fact.

I know there are really wealthy Lebanese people in the US, but they're not a danger because they are ****ing loaded.

Well that's a positive sign though isn't it. Thats the point i am trying to make.

They have been given an opportunity and they have taken it. Many muslims in France for example will be in slum housing, poor access to good schools and be discriminated against. Which is more likely to create hard line views. They should not be throwing free money at them but have fairer policies.
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Have you ever just stopped and thought about why the French are getting pissed off, rather than just thinking about yourself and playing the victim card?

If you want racism, try pretty much any Arab country, the one's I'm assuming you came from, and then come back to us.

OP was talking about racism and we know there's a large Arab and Muslim community in France. It's no secret that yes they probably face discminition. If you read my original post I have said there's much more to it than that. This isn't just about racism but ISIS as a whole and terrorism post 9/11.

I'm didn't come from an Arab country Bish,I was born and raised here.
Well that's a positive sign though isn't it. Thats the point i am trying to make.

They have been given an opportunity and they have taken it. Many muslims in France for example will be in slum housing, poor access to good schools and be discriminated against. Which is more likely to create hard line views. They should not be throwing free money at them but have fairer policies.

The Lebanese who moved to the U.S. were largely wealthy and well educated to begin with which solves the problem anyway.
The Lebanese who moved to the U.S. were largely wealthy and well educated to begin with which solves the problem anyway.

Most muslims in the USA, Canada came with little and made a lot thanks to an inclusive society which gave them economic opportunity.
Most muslims in the USA, Canada came with little and made a lot thanks to an inclusive society which gave them economic opportunity.

Not sure about this, Muslims in America tend to be really wealthy and successful, but I'd say they were the upper classes from their countries of origin when they came over.
Not sure about this, Muslims in America tend to be really wealthy and successful, but I'd say they were the upper classes from their countries of origin when they came over.

Nope. I know it's hard to believe when you hold discriminatory views.
Original post by Sales89

I remember when I lived in Cornwall and had to contend with a huge Union Jack outside the neighbours home, he never spoke to us at all.

Sorry, but why are you implying it's wrong to wave a Union Jack.... in England?!?
Nope. I know it's hard to believe when you hold discriminatory views.

Don't be such a troll Bill

You're the one arguing that America is less racist than Europe lol
I don't think it's a DIRECT cause personally but i think it's a factor of creating a place where hard line views can flourish. Economic opportunity alongside education is our best deterrent against radicalism. But creating an inclusive society cannot be done over night.

Well if racism is enough to make migrant Arabs and domestic Muslims exercise their frustration by murdering 128 people, maybe a healthy amount of Islamophobia is what is required.

Funny how Dylann Roof shoots 9 people in a church and the murders are attributed to every white native man and women in the US but a group of militant Muslims mercilessly waste over a hundred people in France and it's "only the actions of a minority".

These attacks will get worse before they get better and unfortunately moderate Muslims are going to face the brunt of the measures taken to counteract Islamic terrorism.
I've
Original post by queen-bee
OP was talking about racism and we know there's a large Arab and Muslim community in France. It's no secret that yes they probably face discminition. If you read my original post I have said there's much more to it than that. This isn't just about racism but ISIS as a whole and terrorism post 9/11.

I'm didn't come from an Arab country Bish,I was born and raised here.

I've been reading your posts, and it seems you just say things rather than thinking about what you post before writing. This was one example. Yes there is discrimination against Muslim's, which might be unfair, but you need to think about why.

Would you accuse anti-nazis of discrimination against nazis, and say that this is unacceptable? Maybe. Should people be discriminated by what they believe in? Islam and Nazism are both beliefs in an idea, should we discriminate against those who hold those beliefs?

(Its a philosophical question, I am not suggesting that Islam and Nazism are alike, even if Islam has some quite controversial ideas and values)

discrimination based on race is unacceptable. But beliefs?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending