Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

When will I graduate

Hi, if i start an ou maths degree in february when will i graduate? Thanks
Original post by johnperp
Hi, if i start an ou maths degree in february when will i graduate? Thanks

What?!

Surely you can work that out, it depends on how many modules you study per year. Pretty easy to work out.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Reply 3
Ok to put it another way: if I start the degree in February, would I be allowed to apply for part iii of the Cambridge maths tripos starting in October 2018? This would involve taking exams earlier which is why I'm asking.
Reply 4
Hahahaha you want to go to Cambridge from OU pahahahahahahaha
Reply 5
Original post by ubisoft

That is irrelevant, and besides 3 Cambridge admissions tutors I've asked have said it should be possible.
Ok to put it another way: if I start the degree in February, would I be allowed to apply for part iii of the Cambridge maths tripos starting in October 2018? This would involve taking exams earlier which is why I'm asking.

I don't know. You can't take exams early with the OU, they're all scheduled together. If you're starting in February then your course almost definitely won't match up with Cambridge's one because they obviously start in October.

Also be aware of your funding implications. For every academic year you spend with the OU you will lose 1 year of full time funding, so make sure you have enough funding left to complete your degree full time if you need the funding from SFE.
Reply 7
Original post by ubisoft
Mate you can't even count the years it will take to finish your degree and you want to do maths at Cambridge :toofunny: actually kek'd when I read that lmfaooo

Do you want links to my papers?
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you want links to my papers?

Yes please.
Reply 9
Original post by ubisoft

That is irrelevant, and besides 3 Cambridge admissions tutors I've asked have said it should be possible.

@Gridiron-Gangster went to Oxford after studying with the OU
Original post by Juno
@Gridiron-Gangster went to Oxford after studying with the OU

And Cambridge, and the University of Pennsylvania/Wharton Business School (an Ivy League School). So a triple whammy there. And started a new job in IB in The City too.

All from a "lowly" OU degree. Not a bad return on my investment at all.

Quick Reply

Latest