The Student Room Group

TSR members with dyed hair, piercings and tattoos.

Do you guys honestly think that you will taken seriously in life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well with that attitude you surely won't be :wink:
got ma ears pierced a few months after I came out of the womb, I'm doomed :zomg:
I haven't been taken seriously and I have none of the above.
You can have sensible dyed hair,piercings and tattoos.
If someone is so ignorant that they won't take me seriously because I've chosen to modify my body in a way that makes me happy, and won't cause harm to others, then I don't want anything to do with that person or their business. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Proxenus
You can have sensible dyed hair,piercings and tattoos.

Would you employ that person?
I have tattoos and I employed myself. I've been a model employee too. :cool:
Reply 8
Original post by magicstars64
If someone is so ignorant that they won't take me seriously because I've chosen to modify my body in a way that makes me happy, and won't cause harm to others, then I don't want anything to do with that person or their business. :smile:

But why ruin your prospects?
As youre not going to get a well paid career with dyed hair and a nose ring
Reply 9
Original post by z33
well with that attitude you surely won't be :wink:

See the woman in your avatar is a good example of what I am talking about.
She looks like she does not value her appearance at all.
Original post by Blue_Mason
But why ruin your prospects?
As youre not going to get a well paid career with dyed hair and a nose ring

Just watch me haha.
If your idea of a well paid career is when it's run by ignorant, small minded people then great.
I'm focused on pursuing a career in what I'm passionate about, and if an employer along that route doesn't agree with me looking a certain way, then I'll get back out there and find an opportunity better than that one.

May I ask why you find dyed hair, piercings, and tattoos so unprofessional?
Would you employ that person?

I'm not judgmental in that sense.

Dying your hair a natural color

piercings on ears / places covered up by clothing

Tattoos on places covered up by clothing

is fine.
Original post by magicstars64
Just watch me haha.
If your idea of a well paid career is when it's run by ignorant, small minded people then great.
I'm focused on pursuing a career in what I'm passionate about, and if an employer along that route doesn't agree with me looking a certain way, then I'll get back out there and find an opportunity better than that one.

May I ask why you find dyed hair, piercings, and tattoos so unprofessional?

Because I associate it with the rebellious lifestyle, as expected if you adopt a certain image, then you will be judged.
Rebellious to academic hard work, hygiene and it also shows that youre willing to devalue your body.
As the human body is not meant to have tattoos or be pierced
Rebellious to academic hard work, hygiene and it also shows that youre willing to devalue your body.

Tattoos and piercings cost money, so logically by having them on you the total worth of your body should go up....
Reply 14

She cares alot about her appearance

this is someone who doesn't value their appearance:

and Halsey:

People like my tattoos. :colone:

At work they are covered with a shirt anyway.
Because I associate it with the rebellious lifestyle, as expected if you adopt a certain image, then you will be judged.
As the human body is not meant to have tattoos or be pierced

Surely the issue is fixing the stereotypes and prejudice you and others are following then, right?
I promise you, having dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings does not make you unhygienic. If anything, the up-keep of some of this stuff requires a higher maintenance of hygiene.
There is also no correlation between lack of academic hard work and body modification. That, again, is a stereotype.
And for the record, the human body belongs to each individual, and it is up to them to decide what they can do with it.
Why do you believe that it's not 'meant to have tattoos or be pierced'?
Do you guys honestly think that you will taken seriously in life?

yes I do :smile:

@z33 is perfect and so is her avi. leave her alone
By having such you are limiting yourselves massively in life. In a corporate setting its unlikely you'll ever be allowed to be client facing as you would then be the face of the company and a risk to image. Dyed hair, certain piercings and tattoos are just putting a roof on your career prospects in all honesty.

Quick Reply

Latest