The Student Room Group

Germany vs Holland cancelled

Scroll to see replies

Well police have just confirmed that a bomb, definitely would have been set off INSIDE the stadium. So happy appropriate action was taken to cancel the game, I just cannot fathom how unbearable it would have been to see the lives of players and fans lost.
Reply 21
I just read that there was an islamistic background...
Reply 22
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Well police have just confirmed that a bomb, definitely would have been set off INSIDE the stadium. So happy appropriate action was taken to cancel the game, I just cannot fathom how unbearable it would have been to see the lives of players and fans lost.

so wait there was a bomb INSIDE ... AS WELL AS an ambulance packed with explosives outside? Any suspects arrested yet? Holy ****...
Reply 23
Original post by Sephiroth
There's been a large music arena evacuated too due to a similar threat.

where? in germany too?

Original post by scblx
I just read that there was an islamistic background...

of course - ISIS said the UK was next though :/ still scary af what is even happening?!?!
(edited 8 years ago)
wow. bull****. I'm actually shocked that they managed to do something like this so soon.
They need to stop being scared
Original post by z33
so wait there was a bomb INSIDE ... AS WELL AS an ambulance packed with explosives outside? Any suspects arrested yet? Holy ****...

Yep, confirmed by some unofficial sources on twitter, and a more reliable one of Sky Sports News HQ.

-Either a person WITH a bomb was already inside, OR there was a concrete plan to set off a bomb INSIDE the stadium yes.
Reply 27
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Yep, confirmed by some unofficial sources on twitter, and a more reliable one of Sky Sports News HQ.

-Either a person WITH a bomb was already inside, OR there was a concrete plan to set off a bomb INSIDE the stadium yes.

Oh my gosh no... T_T

the TUI arena was evacuated too apparently (14 000 capacity) in Hannover as well...
Original post by z33
where? in germany too?

Hanover.

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-34840858

Music arena evacuated in Hanover amid 'concrete threat'
Posted at 19:36

A second venue in Hanover - a music arena - has now been evacuated by police. The 14,000 TUI Arena was due to host a concert by the band The Söhne Mannheims.

Hanover police now say they received a "concrete threat" about a bomb, German news agency DPA reports, citing police chief Volker Kluwe.
Reply 29

I have no words... there's like no safe place left in the world
Reply 30
Holy **** this is so messed up. It doesn't even seem real
Does this mean that now France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany are involved? Russia just confirmed that the plane brought down in Egypt was probably an attack too...

OP should change the title of this thread to reflect the seriousness of the incident.
Reply 32
I think it is a shock for many people here in Germany because there were still some people who thought we would be "safer" than France - that's a silly thought but still some people believed this
Reply 34
Is it just me or does anyone else feel very uncomfortable about the fact that de Maiziere refused to say the reason for all this because it would make the people insecure? I think that is scary
Reply 35
I'm in Hannover atm. Been hearing tonnes of sirens going off all night. Can hear some in the distance now actually
Original post by Trip506
I'm in Hannover atm. Been hearing tonnes of sirens going off all night. Can hear some in the distance now actually

Surely there would have been enough police at the stadium to deal with this? Especially considering that the Chancellor was there too?

I can imagine that the arena involved would need extra support from the emergency services, but the "tonnes of sirens" could easily mean that there more to this story that's being kept hidden.
Reply 37
Original post by yulebook
Surely there would have been enough police at the stadium to deal with this? Especially considering that the Chancellor was there too?

I can imagine that the arena involved would need extra support from the emergency services, but the "tonnes of sirens" could easily mean that there more to this story that's being kept hidden.

Yes I saw a massive police presence in the city centre earlier, as is common when any possibility of public disorder arises. But yeah I literally saw 6 police vans in a convoy racing into the centre at about 6 o clock earlier and heard many convoys later as I live near a big road leading into the city centre. they've died down now but I can still here The odd siren in the distance
So now the police are saying that no explosives have been found at all?

So what the hell is going on then...
ffs, way to show defiance and solidarity, Germany.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending