The Student Room Group

Book for Veterinary Science

Hi my brother is starting a Vet course in September 2016 at either London, Nottingham or Edinburgh and I was looking to get him a book for xmas to help him with his course, does anybody have any recommendations?
Reply 1
Hey I'm not actually at vet school but chances are your brother won't have an idea of the books he needs until he's there and has started the course. How about a stethoscope or if you're really set on a book try checking university websites but I think the best way for him to prepare is simply to make sure he's confident with A level science as this will be the starting point across the board

Posted from TSR Mobile
I personally regret buying lots of books in 1st year. I've since sold most of them on to younger students/ebay. I didn't really need to look in any book to pass exams! The library should have all the books your brother needs. Even then, one book may suits one person better than another so I'd recommend your brother having a look at the books themselves to make sure he feels he will actually use them. Plus you can often buy cheaper books from older years who no longer need them!! A book voucher might be useful as an alternative to let your brother choose what he thinks might be most useful.

A stethoscope, such as Littmann II SE classic, or the Littmann veterinary one would be a good idea, as has been mentioned already. And will be needed for sure :smile:
Reply 3
I agree with the Littmann stethoscope, you can also get them engraved with his name on. I was gifted one for me 21st birthday and now use it regularly at vet school :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending