The Student Room Group

Red lipstick in the daytime - trashy?

I don't wear much make up but I was thinking of wearing red lippy to work etc., but I know sometimes people think it's too much

Opinions? :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ah you're fine. If you're wearing it to work (where I'm assuming you wear formal dress), you'll look professional :smile: it really depends on what you wear with the red lipstick.
Reply 2
Original post by Ndella
Ah you're fine. If you're wearing it to work (where I'm assuming you wear formal dress), you'll look professional :smile: it really depends on what you wear with the red lipstick.

Thanks :smile: I don't wear formal dress to work but it is a male dominated workplace.

Does red lipstick look ok with no makeup?
Reply 3
Original post by SallyMae
Thanks :smile: I don't wear formal dress to work but it is a male dominated workplace.

Does red lipstick look ok with no makeup?

I think it should be ok. If you were to do that you're drawing attention to your lips, not the bareness of your face if you get what I mean :smile:
Depends what kind of red. There's varying shades obviously. I wouldn't ever wear a really bright blue-toned red in the day time but I would definitely would a darker shade.
I think darker shades of red can look good without any other makeup, anything too bright might look a bit out of place though.
Reply 6
I think you can wear red lipstick in the daytime. :smile:

It just makes a difference what you wear it with. Red lipstick for work would look best with a very understated outfit - all in black for example, with the rest of make-up very subtle and natural looking, so that the bold lip is the stand-out point.

The most important thing will just be to make sure you're wearing a shade that suits you. If you're unsure, you could always try wearing a lip stain or a lip gloss first, to see how you feel in it at work, Like infairverona said though, a blue-based red might be a bit OTT, but a more natural shade of red should be absolutely fine.
Reply 7
Just don't put anything on
Reply 8
You could go for a cute pin up look.
At least wear mascara, no fire engine, orange reds. A toned down red would be nice.
Not at all.
Only if it's on your neck or shirt.
Some girls look tarty in it, some just look ****ing gorgeous :sexface:
Dont put one on thats toooo bright
Taylor Swift.
If you're going with red, you have to make sure it's a good quality lipstick. If you want it to look more classy go with a matte finish.
Reply 15
Original post by User23
Just don't put anything on

:rolleyes: :yawn:

WoodyMKC
Some girls look tarty in it, some just look ****ing gorgeous

What's the difference? (no homo)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Liv1204
I think you can wear red lipstick in the daytime. :smile:

It just makes a difference what you wear it with. Red lipstick for work would look best with a very understated outfit - all in black for example, with the rest of make-up very subtle and natural looking, so that the bold lip is the stand-out point.

The most important thing will just be to make sure you're wearing a shade that suits you. If you're unsure, you could always try wearing a lip stain or a lip gloss first, to see how you feel in it at work, Like infairverona said though, a blue-based red might be a bit OTT, but a more natural shade of red should be absolutely fine.

How do I pick a good shade?
My girlfriend = purple lipstick in the nights, dark red in the day.
Original post by SallyMae
:rolleyes: :yawn:

What's the difference? (no homo)

Tarty = looking like a shlag

Gorgeous = Stunnning. Beautiful. Would give no less than 8/10/10.
Reply 19
Original post by WoodyMKC
Tarty = looking like a shlag

Gorgeous = Stunnning. Beautiful. Would give no less than 8/10/10.

How would you describe looking like a shlag? :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest