The Student Room Group

This was quite possibly the date from hell.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ihatescience56
You both sound as mad as each other :lolwut:
Mad as a hatter

Lmaoo. Please elaborate
Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3
Clearly you don't enjoy spending time with him and it's not for you but it's okay, at least you stayed safe and nothing majorly bad happened. Just a bad date on your part, happens a lot.

Yes. I guess I'm not used to going on bad dates. Its funny now I think about it.

Original post by shawn_o1
First impressions eh? Glad you got rid but you probably need to wean off dating for a bit

Because of one bad experience? it's time I continue looking for the right guy for me.
Reply 22
Original post by phunky_fresh
Lmao. I think he was suggesting I showed his passport to my family so they know exactly who I'm meeting with. He said it in such a way I wasn't sure of he was just pissed off or joking. Either way I sent it to my mum lol. The arrogance is an issue, I like a confident man don't get me wrong but he took it to another level. He doesn't know where I live, I made him drop me to this bus stop far from my house so he could go to his 6pm 'appointment'.

oh right. still it's a bit weird... good that you sent it to your mum. You sound very smart and not easily manipulated by men like him - please don't get with him

atleast until he sorts himself out

confidence != arrogance and arrogance pisses me off

and the whole 3 phone, appointments, secretive thing? nah girl you don't need that in your life. There'll be someone out there who will cancel all their appointments for you, tell you their life story from start to finish and won't even put a password on their phone for you :3
Lmaoo. Please elaborate

Him sending his passport and driving license pic and then you showing it to your mum. You still agreed to meet up after he did that. Alarm bells would have gone of for me.

Besides, are you sure he's not autistic. I actually feel a bit sorry for him. What you described sounds like he is someone who has autism..
Original post by z33
oh right. still it's a bit weird... good that you sent it to your mum. You sound very smart and not easily manipulated by men like him - please don't get with him

atleast until he sorts himself out

confidence != arrogance and arrogance pisses me off

and the whole 3 phone, appointments, secretive thing? nah girl you don't need that in your life. There'll be someone out there who will cancel all their appointments for you, tell you their life story from start to finish and won't even put a password on their phone for you :3

I don't really have time to wait around for him to sort himself out. From the sounds of it he has been doing whatever he does for a very long time. At times I thought '' why does he think it's okay to talk to be like this? '' and I made sure I was vocal about it. I think he is probably used to women just going along what he says just like that. That isn't how I roll. I didn't like how he addressed people in public either, I didnt know where to look half the time. Yesss that is more or less what I'm seeking, a nice genuine, open and honest man. Where do I find him?
Original post by ihatescience56
Him sending his passport and driving license pic and then you showing it to your mum. You still agreed to meet up after he did that. Alarm bells would have gone of for me.

Besides, are you sure he's not autistic. I actually feel a bit sorry for him. What you described sounds like he is someone who has autism..

He had his reasons. I was plugging him to find out where we were going and how we were getting there , so I could let my mum know for safety purposes. Its not like he just said '' here you go have my passport details'' for no reason.

He isn't autistic that is one thing I know for sure.
Surely if your safety came first, you wouldn't have gone with the guy after he refused to tell you where he was taking you!
The guy doesn't seem serious at all, he looks like he's someone just playing around with whoever is on his list next.
As for the three phones, I'm sure he's dating others, so would need to give different numbers.
Reply 27
I don't really have time to wait around for him to sort himself out. From the sounds of it he has been doing whatever he does for a very long time. At times I thought '' why does he think it's okay to talk to be like this? '' and I made sure I was vocal about it. I think he is probably used to women just going along what he says just like that. That isn't how I roll. I didn't like how he addressed people in public either, I didnt know where to look half the time. Yesss that is more or less what I'm seeking, a nice genuine, open and honest man. Where do I find him?

Good I'm glad you're not falling for his tricks! Well maybe at work, maybe at the pub, maybe through a friend, maybe walking around town, maybe at a show or a game, maybe he'll be your cashier at a store. Could happen anywhere really. Just go out loads, volunteer loads, and you'll find him. How did you find that scum though?!
Original post by PurpleMash
Surely if your safety came first, you wouldn't have gone with the guy after he refused to tell you where he was taking you!
The guy doesn't seem serious at all, he looks like he's someone just playing around with whoever is on his list next.
As for the three phones, I'm sure he's dating others, so would need to give different numbers.

He did tell me whilst on the phone before he offered his passport details, I just forgot to mention it. He said it was a surprise, so I plugged him until he told me. I agree he isn't serious, this crossed my mind too (the part about him dating others).
Original post by z33
Good I'm glad you're not falling for his tricks! Well maybe at work, maybe at the pub, maybe through a friend, maybe walking around town, maybe at a show or a game, maybe he'll be your cashier at a store. Could happen anywhere really. Just go out loads, volunteer loads, and you'll find him. How did you find that scum though?!

Ha. Yes I do need to go out more. I met him on my way home from work, he seemed like a decent guy at the time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Ha. Yes I do need to go out more. I met him on my way home from work, he seemed like a decent guy at the time.

Yeah see! You could meet a much better guy on the way home, or on the bus

quite easy to talk to people you know, you just gotta do it

i am quite an awkward person but for some reason if i'm in an unfamiliar area, I can talk to people on the bus and they're generally nice enough not to ignore me :3

you could make friends and then go out and meet your friend's friends and he could be in that friendship group

loads of opportunities really just throw yourself out there!
Reply 31

I'm not interested in a relationship :smile:
He seems very strange... though I do like how most of your complaints center around him being an inconsiderate driver and parking. :lol:
Original post by z33
Yeah see! You could meet a much better guy on the way home, or on the bus

quite easy to talk to people you know, you just gotta do it

i am quite an awkward person but for some reason if i'm in an unfamiliar area, I can talk to people on the bus and they're generally nice enough not to ignore me :3

you could make friends and then go out and meet your friend's friends and he could be in that friendship group

loads of opportunities really just throw yourself out there!

Lol I'm not sure I want to give another passer by the time of day. I've never tried talking to people on buses, where abouts are you from? When I'm travelling people tend to look so down and unsociable (including myself).
Original post by whorace
I'm not interested in a relationship :smile:

Haha that's too bad!
Original post by Danz123
He seems very strange... though I do like how most of your complaints center around him being an inconsiderate driver and parking. :lol:

Loool. It was really bugging me!
Reply 36
Lol I'm not sure I want to give another passer by the time of day. I've never tried talking to people on buses, where abouts are you from? When I'm travelling people tend to look so down and unsociable (including myself).

London haha i know loads of antisocial people on their phones but sometimes funny things happen on the bus and you would laugh about it and someone else would laugh and smile at you and then you can talk about it and BOOM friendship

atleast thats how i made one of my friends hahaha
Loool. It was really bugging me!

lol, well now I know how much that pisses you off, I'll avoid doing so on our date then. :wink:

Hahahaha, I kid of course. But seriously, where is this weird guy from? :lol:
Original post by z33
London haha i know loads of antisocial people on their phones but sometimes funny things happen on the bus and you would laugh about it and someone else would laugh and smile at you and then you can talk about it and BOOM friendship

lol I wish that would happen to me :frown: I live in London too btw, and yep it's true how utterly miserable we all look.
Original post by z33

Oh i live in London too. I know what you mean though, although it's usually people in the older generation that end up talking to me. Never made any friends on public transport.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending