The Student Room Group

Ahmed the 'Clock Boy' seeks $15 million in compensation

Scroll to see replies

Oh f off. He could have just met Obama, did it with dignity, laughed about it, and everyone would have liked him. Now he wants 15mil for psychological distress or some BS. I loathe this American litigation culture.
If he gets it my view of humanity will sink ever lower.

Nah
Original post by queen-bee
I feel like you keep saying he has a vested interested but we have no proof of that?

The proof is in his announcement of the lawsuit.
Original post by Good bloke
The proof is in his announcement of the lawsuit.

Interesting...
Anyway I think he's been distressed because of this whole situation. I hear he also used to be bullied,surely this would've only made things worse for him
Nah

So how would you know what it is like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
So how would you know what it is like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From my mother,stuff I saw on TV
Original post by *Stefan*
15m??? Talk about abusing situations!

I'm glad that he got that scholarship and all those gifts but they can't be serious here...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're glad he took away the scholarship from someone who would have otherwise had to work extremely hard for it. You can't be serious here...

Stuff you saw on TV? Is that really a good way to judge a state more than twice the size of the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Stuff you saw on TV? Is that really a good way to judge a state more than twice the size of the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Intense research,you'd think I was actually moving there :rofl:
Reply 189
I've heard both sides of the story already.
And have made a judgement based on what, exactly?

Ahmed was traumatised.
You keep saying this, but have yet to present any evidence.

Did you see the look on his face when they arrested him?
No, and neither did you. That photo was apparently taken by his sister when he was released.

Also you didn't answer my conspiracy question about Obama and mark zuckerberg helping Ahmed's family?
I must have missed it. Could you repeat please?
Reply 190
Mashallah! A very God fearing individual
Belief in the supernatural is not necessary to know right from wrong.
Original post by QE2
And have made a judgement based on what, exactly?

You keep saying this, but have yet to present any evidence.

No, and neither did you. That photo was apparently taken by his sister when he was released.

I must have missed it. Could you repeat please?

Based on Ahmed's version of events and the way the school handled the situation.

Ahmed told us his ordeal. Are you going to try and say he's lying about that too?

Errrm,the one of his facial expression when he was being handcuffed?

I asked you how you knew if he had a vested interest and whether Obama and zuckerberg were in on it too
Reply 192
Before my parents passed away they both worked as doctors in Europe/North america...
Yes, the medical profession in America is certainly one of the more altruistic.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Whether he built the clock himself or just reassembled it is irrelevant. And you can pull out the "what ifs" until the cows come home. The point is, it was entirely innocent but he was deemed suspicious because he is Muslim. All thanks to fear mongering, amongst other things.
It was a wrongful arrest, and defamation of character. Also, permanent damage to his reputation. This story will exist for all of time now.
I don't blame him, this whole thing came about because of bigotry.

You cannot ask for the public to be diligent of suspicious behaviors and activity around potential threats of terrorism whilst casting the reporters out like lepers when it turns out it was not a threat.

Society needs to choose carefully
Reply 194
I feel like you keep saying he has a vested interested but we have no proof of that? Or did he give you a cheeky grin when he was being filmed :rofl:
His vested interest is his claim of complete innocence, and later, all the financial gain. That is obvious! He needs to maintain his story in order to protect these vested interests.
How do you think all the people who donated, Obama, scholarships, etc, would react if he admitted that it had been a ruse in order to provoke a reaction, claim discrimination, and file a lawsuit (I'm sure all the media frezzy, whitehouse, facebook, etc, was an unexpected but welcome bonus)?
Original post by QE2
His vested interest is his claim of complete innocence, and later, all the financial gain. That is obvious! He needs to maintain his story in order to protect these vested interests.
How do you think all the people who donated, Obama, scholarships, etc, would react if he admitted that it had been a ruse in order to provoke a reaction, claim discrimination, and file a lawsuit (I'm sure all the media frezzy, whitehouse, facebook, etc, was an unexpected but welcome bonus)?

But he's been honest?
Reply 196
People have told me stuff, and I've seen stuff on TV, about Muslims.
Does that make it all true?

The more you go on, the more it is clear that you haven't really thought your position through properly.
You probably saw a video and some stuff on social media and decided "Yup, that's how it is", and nothing about the actual facts of the case will make you change you position, even to the extent of displaying your own bigotry in an attempt to justify your position.

Maybe time to give it up.
Original post by QE2
People have told me stuff, and I've seen stuff on TV, about Muslims.
Does that make it all true?

The more you go on, the more it is clear that you haven't really thought your position through properly.
You probably saw a video and some stuff on social media and decided "Yup, that's how it is", and nothing about the actual facts of the case will make you change you position, even to the extent of displaying your own bigotry in an attempt to justify your position.

Maybe time to give it up.

I'm well aware of Ahmed's case thank you very much! Let's just hope history doesn't repeat itself. Racist school tried to lure him back in,thankfully he refused to go back
Reply 198
Based on Ahmed's version of events and the way the school handled the situation.
Oh, FFS!
Based on the school's and police's version of events, his treatment was entirely justified!
How did the school handle it, exactly, that leads you to conclude that Ahmed is a victim of discrimination?

Ahmed told us his ordeal. Are you going to try and say he's lying about that too?
He might be. One should keep an open mind to all possibilities. He might, indeed, be telling the complete truth, however, the evidence suggests differently.

Have you heard entrepreneur Mark Cuban's report of his telephone conversation with Ahmed He said that while they were talking about inventions, technology and stuff, he was a normal, animated and engaged kid. However, when he asked questions about the incident, we became withdrawn and Cuban could hear his sister prompting him in the background.

Errrm,the one of his facial expression when he was being handcuffed?
Errrm, that photo was taken in Irving police station, not at the school. According to some reports, his father asked police to leave the cuffs on until they took a photo. Why would they do that?

I asked you how you knew if he had a vested interest
Look up "vested interest".

and whether Obama and zuckerberg were in on it too
No, they merely jumped on the media bandwagon before the bigger picture became clear.
Much as you have done, really.
Reply 199
But he's been honest?
Behave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending