The Student Room Group
Reply 1
my dad's a quantity surveyor and he's had a couple of students on placement from hallam with him. i think on your placement year you can earn between 16-20K and they someimes offer people jobs for when they leave uni.
Reply 2
cheers, thanks for the info!
Im doing a quantity surveying degree at Reading I did have a look around hallam and i liked it but i prefer the course at Reading. They have a 3 year structure where quantity surveyors, building surveyors and construction managers do the same 2 years and in the final year you can choose the pathway you want to follow out of the 3. Anyway a career in the construction industry is excellent due to shortages at the moment and you will have no trouble walking straight into a job. ITs vvery social like me !
Reply 4
I wanted to go to Reading too, but I also wanted to do a placement year and it seemed like it would be harder to do that there. would you happen to know anyone thats done one?
Hooty McBoob
I wanted to go to Reading too, but I also wanted to do a placement year and it seemed like it would be harder to do that there. would you happen to know anyone thats done one?

You can do the placement year in reading the Tutours said if you have organised it and you really want to they wont stop you although not very many people do.
Reply 6
O.K, do you reckon it would be hard (or harder) to get a job if you dont do a placement though?
Hooty McBoob
O.K, do you reckon it would be hard (or harder) to get a job if you dont do a placement though?

I dont think it really makes a difference as people are in demand in the construction industry. So people can quite easily go straight into a job. As long as you get a decent degree and if its acredited by some institute its ok.
If you a placement you put everything you learn into practice. Where as if you dont go on the placement year you jump straight in after completing your degree.
Reply 8
O.K, thanks! Whats it like at Reading btw?
Hooty McBoob
O.K, thanks! Whats it like at Reading btw?

What does btw mean?
Reply 10
By the way =btw

Latest

Trending

Trending