The Student Room Group

Is anyone else a bedwetter? I feel like a freak...

I'm 17, soon to be 18, and I haven't had a dry night in years. I'm hopefully going to uni in America next year and I just found out that students share a bedroom, and it's going to be impossible to hide it from my roommate if that's the case. Has anyone else ever dealt with anything similar? I've never spoken to anyone else with the same problem and I don't feel like anyone understands...it's really affecting my self esteem and I just feel like a baby.
Reply 1
i stopped when i was around 14/15

as someone said, get dry nite nappies. they are great lel :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by K.C

This is the most I've seen you write on one post :rofl:
Reply 3
Original post by Zuki
This is the most I've seen you write on one post :rofl:

why lie
Reply 4
There's only one thing I wet the bed with ..... *wink wink nudge nudge*

Spoiler

Original post by Tailored_Suit
Couldn't you buy some of those dry nite nappy things if this problem persists?

Yeah, I've tried them in the past but unfortunately they give me very itchy rashes, and I can't find any for sensitive skin :frown:
Original post by racheltriggs4
I'm 17, soon to be 18, and I haven't had a dry night in years.

How have you managed to keep it a secret, doesn't your family notice your sheets need washing every day?
Original post by Zargabaath
How have you managed to keep it a secret, doesn't your family notice your sheets need washing every day?

My family know, and are very supportive but they don't really understand how it feels. I've never told any of my friends though.
My family know, and are very supportive but they don't really understand how it feels. I've never told any of my friends though.

Ahh ok. To be honest, I wouldn't tell my friends either. It's not something they need to know. The only way I can see it getting better is talking to a doctor. You might find it embarrassing, but the doctor likely wont be phased by it and that embarrassment wont really be anything compared to what could happen if you do end up in America and the worst happens.
Original post by Zargabaath
Ahh ok. To be honest, I wouldn't tell my friends either. It's not something they need to know. The only way I can see it getting better is talking to a doctor. You might find it embarrassing, but the doctor likely wont be phased by it and that embarrassment wont really be anything compared to what could happen if you do end up in America and the worst happens.

Been to the docs a few times in the last few years. After realising that pills and other conventional techniques (alarms, pull-ups, not drinking in the evenings) didn't work, I was referred to a psychiatrist (or possibly a psychologist - I can never remember which!) who eventually concluded that my brain was fine too. So they've all given up on me...nice!
do you have a medical condition as to why you wet your bed still? and take waterproof cover sheets.. and wash them often.
Been to the docs a few times in the last few years. After realising that pills and other conventional techniques (alarms, pull-ups, not drinking in the evenings) didn't work, I was referred to a psychiatrist (or possibly a psychologist - I can never remember which!) who eventually concluded that my brain was fine too. So they've all given up on me...nice!

Damn, that's pretty crappy. Not really sure what to suggest then :dontknow:
Original post by K.C

Real one detected.
Reply 13
Original post by WoodyMKC
Real one detected.

classic line from woodymkc
I'm 17, soon to be 18, and I haven't had a dry night in years. I'm hopefully going to uni in America next year and I just found out that students share a bedroom, and it's going to be impossible to hide it from my roommate if that's the case. Has anyone else ever dealt with anything similar? I've never spoken to anyone else with the same problem and I don't feel like anyone understands...it's really affecting my self esteem and I just feel like a baby.

I know it sounds stupid but do you pee before you sleep? My brother even though he is 11 now always wets the bed if he hasn't been before sleeping.
Reply 15
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I know it sounds stupid but do you pee before you sleep? My brother even though he is 11 now always wets the bed if he hasn't been before sleeping.

I find that never helped me either. My parents forced me to pee before I went sleep and even stopped drinking an hour or so before bed but it still happened.
I only do that when I'm extremely drunk - because I am so comatosed that my bladder can't wake me up!
Original post by Smonnie
I only do that when I'm extremely drunk - because I am so comatosed that my bladder can't wake me up!

The one and only time I was drunk, I wet myself while I was awake...won't be doing that again in a million years - it's bad enough when I'm asleep!
Original post by samina_ay
do you have a medical condition as to why you wet your bed still? and take waterproof cover sheets.. and wash them often.

No medical or psychological condition, no one seems to be able to help...but yes, plastic sheet things are beginning to look like my best bet.

Quick Reply

Latest