The Student Room Group

Could you have sex (drunk) and not remember a thing about it?

Over the weekend I went out with my uni friends and got pretty drunk, however I’m now concerned I may have had sex with a guy, although I have zero recollection of this. I was speaking to a guy throughout the night but I don’t think it was particularly flirty however he walked me back to my uni accommodation to make sure I got back safe, but in the morning I woke up and he was still in my room and asleep in my bed! I’m absolutely FREAKING out as I don’t know what happened, I literally remember everything else from the night and I even remember him walking me home and coming into my room whilst I started getting ready to go to sleep but then the next thing I’m waking up next to him. I generally have quite a good track record of remembering things even when drunk and I just think that SURELY something so big I would remember even if it was just a glimmer of something, but I literally just remember going to sleep and nothing else. Can anyone offer advice? Do you think it’s unlikely I’d forget something so major if I remember other less important events from the night?
Original post by Anonymous
Over the weekend I went out with my uni friends and got pretty drunk, however I’m now concerned I may have had sex with a guy, although I have zero recollection of this. I was speaking to a guy throughout the night but I don’t think it was particularly flirty however he walked me back to my uni accommodation to make sure I got back safe, but in the morning I woke up and he was still in my room and asleep in my bed! I’m absolutely FREAKING out as I don’t know what happened, I literally remember everything else from the night and I even remember him walking me home and coming into my room whilst I started getting ready to go to sleep but then the next thing I’m waking up next to him. I generally have quite a good track record of remembering things even when drunk and I just think that SURELY something so big I would remember even if it was just a glimmer of something, but I literally just remember going to sleep and nothing else. Can anyone offer advice? Do you think it’s unlikely I’d forget something so major if I remember other less important events from the night?

NGL, that sounds dodgy.

Did you know the guy? How did you get talking to him exactly? Was he a student? How drunk / high was he? I don't want to freak you out, but it's possible he targeted you because he saw how drunk you were... or possibly spiked you with something? Did he try and explain how he ended up in you bed? Were there any housemates present at this time?

I've walked several girls home, once upon a time... but it normally stops once I see they've gone inside their house. I don't think I'd go into someone's place unless I was invited... and I certainly wouldn't go to their room unless we were planning on doing "stuff". Obviously, you want to look for any evidence that sex happened... were there condoms or condom wrappings? Were there wet patches? Was there a glass or something by the bed?

I mean, I've had blackouts before, but they normally start coming back after a short while (a couple of days).
Have you ever had memory blackouts after consuming large amounts of alcohol before? :confused:
Do you take any prescribed medications?
Have you suffered any history of memory problems in the past or had a head injury in the last 6 years?
Does the guy give you any creep or liar type of vibes?

It is possible that you may have consented to sex having got semi-blackout drunk and then suffered from the effects of .
Alternatively you might also had your food or drink spiked,
Both women and men been drugged by sexual predators or thieves using something like GHB, ketamine or the most powerful sleeping tablets ground down.
Reply 3
Original post by Old Skool Freak
NGL, that sounds dodgy.

Did you know the guy? How did you get talking to him exactly? Was he a student? How drunk / high was he? I don't want to freak you out, but it's possible he targeted you because he saw how drunk you were... or possibly spiked you with something? Did he try and explain how he ended up in you bed? Were there any housemates present at this time?

I've walked several girls home, once upon a time... but it normally stops once I see they've gone inside their house. I don't think I'd go into someone's place unless I was invited... and I certainly wouldn't go to their room unless we were planning on doing "stuff". Obviously, you want to look for any evidence that sex happened... were there condoms or condom wrappings? Were there wet patches? Was there a glass or something by the bed?

I mean, I've had blackouts before, but they normally start coming back after a short while (a couple of days).

Hey thanks for your response!

Before the night I didn’t know the guy, but as far as I’m aware he was also a student and we were both fairly drunk, although I tend to think I was more so given I don’t remember things!

I just don’t know what to think! There wasn’t necessarily any “signs” we had sex other than him literally being in my bed which is probably a decently major sign! I just usually trust my drunken memories and when things like this have happened before I would never forget something as big as a sexual encounter, I just can’t comprehend how I could’ve blacked out for an entire sexual act if that happened?!
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Have you ever had memory blackouts after consuming large amounts of alcohol before? :confused:
Do you take any prescribed medications?
Have you suffered any history of memory problems in the past or had a head injury in the last 6 years?
Does the guy give you any creep or liar type of vibes?

It is possible that you may have consented to sex having got semi-blackout drunk and then suffered from the effects of .
Alternatively you might also had your food or drink spiked,
Both women and men been drugged by sexual predators or thieves using something like GHB, ketamine or the most powerful sleeping tablets ground down.

Hey thanks for your reply!

On occasion I have forgotten small things from nights out like conversations with people etc but never have I forgotten something as big as a sexual encounter, this is why I’m tormenting myself as to whether something may have happened or not, as ordinarily I would remember! As for being spiked I’d hope maybe I’d realise that ie I’d feel much more groggy the day after!
Hey thanks for your reply!

On occasion I have forgotten small things from nights out like conversations with people etc but never have I forgotten something as big as a sexual encounter, this is why I’m tormenting myself as to whether something may have happened or not, as ordinarily I would remember! As for being spiked I’d hope maybe I’d realise that ie I’d feel much more groggy the day after!

Did you ask him if you did anything with him in bed
Hey thanks for your response!

Before the night I didn’t know the guy, but as far as I’m aware he was also a student and we were both fairly drunk, although I tend to think I was more so given I don’t remember things!

I just don’t know what to think! There wasn’t necessarily any “signs” we had sex other than him literally being in my bed which is probably a decently major sign! I just usually trust my drunken memories and when things like this have happened before I would never forget something as big as a sexual encounter, I just can’t comprehend how I could’ve blacked out for an entire sexual act if that happened?!

As I said beforehand, I find his behaviour quite strange, following you to your bedroom, and him ending up in your bed. If I were you, I'd air on the side of caution. Basically, get yourself tested, and double check with your housemates (I'm sure they'd have heard something if you had sex?)

The important thing is you don't sound too traumatised, although you may want to speak to someone like a counsellor to completely put your mind at rest. If you're uncomfortable around him, keep your distance from him. If you feel he's hassling you on a night, most student unions now have a means of safeguarding people from this kind of thing (in my old uni, it's to go to the bar and ask for "Angela", and the staff will understand, and look after the person).

Most venues (student unions or public nightclubs) are acutely aware of some of the dangers, so find out what's done in your place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending