The Student Room Group

Credit Suisse - Steps to Success Programme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Princepieman
Kenexa for both numerical and verbal.

Cheers bro!
Reply 21
Does anyone know the structure and time limits for the tests?? I looked up Kenexa and saw that the standard numerical is 20 questions 20 minutes and verbal is 15 q 15 mins - but will it be like that? I'm not familiar with this sort of test...
Original post by UTG8
Does anyone know the structure and time limits for the tests?? I looked up Kenexa and saw that the standard numerical is 20 questions 20 minutes and verbal is 15 q 15 mins - but will it be like that? I'm not familiar with this sort of test...

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
The tests are supposed to be sent out today so good luck everyone!
Reply 24
I got an email saying there was a problem with sending out the tests, anyone in the same boat? :/
Original post by UTG8
I got an email saying there was a problem with sending out the tests, anyone in the same boat? :/

Clearly said they'd send it out tomorrow..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Princepieman
Clearly said they'd send it out tomorrow..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know - I can read ;P, just wondering if it was just me
Reply 27
Is it beneficial to score highly on these tests or are they just used as a cut off?
Original post by econam
Is it beneficial to score highly on these tests or are they just used as a cut off?

Used as a cut off. I imagine it'll be ~60-70th percentile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Anyone done the tests? The site was really awkward, mine spent about 60seconds loading in between each question!
Reply 30
Original post by econam
Anyone done the tests? The site was really awkward, mine spent about 60seconds loading in between each question!

Same here! How did you find the tests in terms of difficulty?
Reply 31
Original post by djibbo
Same here! How did you find the tests in terms of difficulty?

I've done quite a lot of practice with the free tests online and found this much harder, I had to guess a few:/ How about you?

I also noticed it said it was a managerial numerical test after I finished - @Princepieman can the tests vary in difficulty depending on who they are aimed at?
Reply 32
Original post by econam
I've done quite a lot of practice with the free tests online and found this much harder, I had to guess a few:/ How about you?

I also noticed it said it was a managerial numerical test after I finished - @Princepieman can the tests vary in difficulty depending on who they are aimed at?

I think the managerial numerical test went alright (no idea why it's called managerial) but I guessed a few of the verbal reasoning answers :frown: for some reason I'm always stuck between true/false and cannot say, as some questions are a bit vague (obviously its supposed to be hard though).
Reply 33
Original post by djibbo
I think the managerial numerical test went alright (no idea why it's called managerial) but I guessed a few of the verbal reasoning answers :frown: for some reason I'm always stuck between true/false and cannot say, as some questions are a bit vague (obviously its supposed to be hard though).

You think it was harder than practice ones you have done online?

I haven't done the verbal one yet, I was too annoyed after numerical to try it lol
Reply 34
Original post by econam
You think it was harder than practice ones you have done online?

I haven't done the verbal one yet, I was too annoyed after numerical to try it lol

I think the numerical was about the same difficulty as the ones I did in practice. The verbal is tricky unless you're skilled at analysing text, which I don't think is one of my strengths personally :frown:

Have you applied for any other kinds of work experience or open days etc?
Reply 35
Original post by djibbo
I think the numerical was about the same difficulty as the ones I did in practice. The verbal is tricky unless you're skilled at analysing text, which I don't think is one of my strengths personally :frown:

Ah right - I had to do the TSA when applying to Oxford which has helped me a lot with the verbal tests! Good luck!

I've got a place on Nomura's 3 day insight and have applied to the Morgan Stanley one, I think i'll try go for them all tbh:wink: What about yourself?
Reply 36
Original post by econam
Ah right - I had to do the TSA when applying to Oxford which has helped me a lot with the verbal tests! Good luck!

I've got a place on Nomura's 3 day insight and have applied to the Morgan Stanley one, I think i'll try go for them all tbh:wink: What about yourself?

Congrats! I applied for Nomura not long ago but got rejected, no idea why :frown: I have applied for the MS Open Day and HSBC work experience, so I'm hoping I get at least one opportunity for some experience!
Reply 37
Just completed both aptitude tests, I think the numerical went far better than the verbal!
Original post by djibbo

Which free test was the numerical and verbal comparable too? i.e. practiceapptitude/graduate first/ assessment day? etc
I've applied too. yet to do the tests tho. Do you have to do both in 1 sitting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending