The Student Room Group

Failing uni

I failed my 1st year of uni, yet I passed 105/120 of credits from my modules, after my reassessment results this week, what do I do, I assumed I’d be ok since I passed over 90 credits
Original post by Hamza0190
I failed my 1st year of uni, yet I passed 105/120 of credits from my modules, after my reassessment results this week, what do I do, I assumed I’d be ok since I passed over 90 credits

You’ll repeat one of your modules in Semester A of second year. I would presume provided you got 90/105 credits progression is possible onto Level 5
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
You’ll repeat one of your modules in Semester A of second year. I would presume provided you got 90/105 credits progression is possible onto Level 5

Well I did an extra module so there’s 120 credits, that I passed on my summer reassessment, however my other summer assessment I’ve failed. I just got an email saying that my only options are to do my 1st year again
Well I did an extra module so there’s 120 credits, that I passed on my summer reassessment, however my other summer assessment I’ve failed. I just got an email saying that my only options are to do my 1st year again

I would speak to your programme/module leader about this do you know the value of this “extra module” was it a 0 credit of the 15 as you were saying…although if your uni requires the full 120 to progress onto level 5 then I see why you’d have to do that particular module again…along with the year
(edited 8 months ago)

Hi @Hamza0190,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend speaking to your PAT/personal tutor, programme leader, and/or module leader as soon as possible. They should be able to let you know what went wrong and what your next steps and options are.

This would probably be a good time to evaluate what you'd be comfortable and happy to do next. Would you be okay with repeating first year again? If you were able to repeat the module in the first term of second year, how would this impact your other commitments?

Good luck, and I hope this helps,
Isabella
Reply 5
If they say you need to resit then you very likely will simply need to resit.

Was it a core unit? That is usually a non-negotiable in terms of progression.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending