The Student Room Group

Suitable AS/A levels for international relations

Geogrpahy,politics,English literature and Philosophy and ethics?
How does that sound for a combonation?
Other possible subjects: History,sociology,psychology, English language,DT,ICT,BIology,Chemistry and Physics.

I have attempted to get a good balance with facilitating subjects and pure enjoyment, any input would help. If you study a form of political science please feel free to drop a message or a comment. If you have any alterations please let me know.

Many thanks Nathan!

FYI in my desired AS levels I attained A*A*A and I have not sat politics, I am currently undertaking a year off between GCSE and AS.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BanterClaus28
Geogrpahy,politics,English literature and Philosophy and ethics?
How does that sound for a combonation?
Other possible subjects: History,sociology,psychology, English language,DT,ICT,BIology,Chemistry and Physics.

I have attempted to get a good balance with facilitating subjects and pure enjoyment, any input would help. If you study a form of political science please feel free to drop a message or a comment. If you have any alterations please let me know.

Many thanks Nathan!

FYI in my desired AS levels I attained A*A*A and I have not sat politics, I am currently undertaking a year off between GCSE and AS.

Hello! :smile: I'm not studying Politics yet but have applied and recieved offers. I am in my A2 year studying Sociology, Psychology and Film Studies :smile: Sociology and Psychology are both great subjects - quite hard though! :tongue:
Original post by emiloujess
Hello! :smile: I'm not studying Politics yet but have applied and recieved offers. I am in my A2 year studying Sociology, Psychology and Film Studies :smile: Sociology and Psychology are both great subjects - quite hard though! :tongue:

Ahh thats pretty cool, congratulations on the offers!
Is there an emphasis on what subjects need to be taken?
Ahh thats pretty cool, congratulations on the offers!
Is there an emphasis on what subjects need to be taken?

Not at any universities I've looked at :smile: If you have an idea of what University you want to go to, maybe check out the University websites?

and thanks, I was so happy! Especially with Cardiff :love:
Original post by emiloujess
Not at any universities I've looked at :smile: If you have an idea of what University you want to go to, maybe check out the University websites?

and thanks, I was so happy! Especially with Cardiff :love:

Uhm, I emailed alot of them, like my dream set of options would be:

Politics
Geography
English Literature
Philosophy and Ethics (RS)

Are these options okay for international relations, or are they too soft?
Uhm, I emailed alot of them, like my dream set of options would be:

Politics
Geography
English Literature
Philosophy and Ethics (RS)

Are these options okay for international relations, or are they too soft?

They'd be fine :smile: There aren't any required subjects so go for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest