The Student Room Group

Lack of ideas

Hello everyone,

So this is my first post (ever!) on TSR. I'm currently doing AS media studies WJEC and at the moment we've just started the pre-production stage of the coursework. The general idea of the coursework is you have to create a opening scene, a poster or a trailer for your own thriller film.

I originally planned to do a trailer, but my teacher stated that we could do a 30 second to 1 minute teaser trailer with a film poster, which I decided to do. My genre is psychological thriller but I'm not really sure what to do for the plot! I know I would like it to be centered around a group of friends.

So my question to you guys is have you done AS media for WJEC? If so what was your coursework about and what did you do for it? Any suggestions would also be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks
Hayley
I pretty much did the same thing for GCSE films studies (WJEC) and what I did was more or a horror film Called Dead at sea, it was basically a girl had 3 brothers and they killed her by drowning her. She then came back to life with vengeance and killed them all by drowning them in all different ways, one in acid, one in a swamp and I can't remember the other one.

I have an idea for you... You have a friendship group say 3 girls 2 boys, and they are totally fine good friends... They all go on hoilday together before they all go to uni or something. Then they turn up to the hotel and it has no one staying but them. Then they all start dropping like flys
Original post by robzpotter
I pretty much did the same thing for GCSE films studies (WJEC) and what I did was more or a horror film Called Dead at sea, it was basically a girl had 3 brothers and they killed her by drowning her. She then came back to life with vengeance and killed them all by drowning them in all different ways, one in acid, one in a swamp and I can't remember the other one.

I have an idea for you... You have a friendship group say 3 girls 2 boys, and they are totally fine good friends... They all go on hoilday together before they all go to uni or something. Then they turn up to the hotel and it has no one staying but them. Then they all start dropping like flys

Hi! Thanks for your reply, but I've already got an idea...
Basically, there's a guy called Jack who's seen as an outcast at college, and he has family problems so he commits a gun massacre on a Thursday night. Another guy who goes to his college is upset by the event because his dad was killed in it. His friends insist they help find who did it. Jack is planning to have this party on the Friday night and commit another massacre. So they pretty much have to find out it was him before they go to this party for the free booze.:colondollar:
Hi, I'm not going to lie to you I do not really like that idea, only because I don't like horror mystery films... But it is a good idea. However all I would do is make it more phycological, so add a couple more characters and make him target them specifically... For example he puts notes in their lockers and send s little clues

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending