The Student Room Group

Anyone taking the NFTS Filmmaking Certificate course this February?

Short for National Film & Television School (please do not confuse it with the other thing!).

Hi! Anyone here taking the NFTS filmmaking certificate course this year? I thought to post to find fellow students and filmmakers in that program so I don't feel so lonely when it starts! My name is Sobia, originally from Bangladesh and quite new to filmmaking though passionate; this will be the first time I'm enrolled into a program for the subject. So, let's connect :smile:
Original post by sobiabushra
Short for National Film & Television School (please do not confuse it with the other thing!).

Hi! Anyone here taking the NFTS filmmaking certificate course this year? I thought to post to find fellow students and filmmakers in that program so I don't feel so lonely when it starts! My name is Sobia, originally from Bangladesh and quite new to filmmaking though passionate; this will be the first time I'm enrolled into a program for the subject. So, let's connect :smile:

Hi Sonia!
I am wanting to apply for this course and was wondering about the application requirements. it only has written that you need to provide your experience and also a 300 word description of a film idea. I think i have a good idea however i have little to none film experience as i’ve just graduated from high school. I was wondering if you had a lot of experience when you applied. Do you know if it’s possible to get into this course even with a lack of experience?
thanks so much :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by roseypoppy1234
Hi Sonia!
I am wanting to apply for this course and was wondering about the application requirements. it only has written that you need to provide your experience and also a 300 word description of a film idea. I think i have a good idea however i have little to none film experience as i’ve just graduated from high school. I was wondering if you had a lot of experience when you applied. Do you know if it’s possible to get into this course even with a lack of experience?
thanks so much :smile:

Lack of experience is fine! I went in with no professional experience in the industry and so did many others in the course, a few straight after high school. What they care about most is passion in the art, that's where the essays help. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest