The Student Room Group

How do universities look at grade improvement

Hello
Iam doing my A levels and recently appeared for my mathematics Mid year exam.Unfortunately i ended up getting a D( panicked and ended up not attempting questions that cost me 26 marks). My teacher expected an A*. I was wondering if i improve my grade to make it an A* in the final exams will colleges credit me and appreciate the fact that i wasn't able to manage my time( an issue i have now resolved) or will they consider it simply as luck for a D grade student ?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by rollinginmoney
Hello
Iam doing my A levels and recently appeared for my mathematics Mid year exam.Unfortunately i ended up getting a D( panicked and ended up not attempting questions that cost me 26 marks). My teacher expected an A*. I was wondering if i improve my grade to make it an A* in the final exams will colleges credit me and appreciate the fact that i wasn't able to manage my time( an issue i have now resolved) or will they consider it simply as luck for a D grade student ?

What exactly do you mean? Are you applying to universities? They would look at your predicted grades, which your teacher will give you.

I'm not sure they would think 'Oh, this student had a massive improvement, so we should take him over other students with an A*'. There are too many factors involved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending