The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
for byb5 coursework i got 37/38 and it goes towards half the module, so it helped me out loads!!! did u all have to spend a week living in a hut in wales like we did!!!!!!!!
Reply 81
kirstenb
for byb5 coursework i got 37/38 and it goes towards half the module, so it helped me out loads!!! did u all have to spend a week living in a hut in wales like we did!!!!!!!!

haha me too! (the score not the hut thing!) oh wait...i dont think we did coursework for mod 5. well ours involved yeast. and more yeast. and even more yeast. i now like beer even less than i did before, everytime i smell it i get reminders of its dullness in my bio experiment!
Reply 82
Hi, Ive managed to work myself up into a tiss bout bio as I concentrated too hard on physics as it is my weakest subject!!

Anyone know what the difference between NAD and NADP are coz Ive managed to utterly confuse myself! Thanks.

Also, does anyone have any good ways to remember photosynthesis and respiration?? Finding them impossible.
Reply 83
BonnieLass
Hi, Ive managed to work myself up into a tiss bout bio as I concentrated too hard on physics as it is my weakest subject!!

Anyone know what the difference between NAD and NADP are coz Ive managed to utterly confuse myself! Thanks.

Also, does anyone have any good ways to remember photosynthesis and respiration?? Finding them impossible.

NAD is the é carrier in respiration, NADP is the carrier in photosynthesis. (i think)
Reply 84
Cheers!!! Thought my notes were wrong!
Reply 85
BonnieLass
Cheers!!! Thought my notes were wrong!

NAD+ is often used to oxidise substrates and NADP is used in reductive biosynthesis. Both are produced in all cells; the extra phosphate on NADP acts as a tag, ensuring that it is recognised as distinct from NAD+ and is thus not oxidised by the resipiratory systems. The difference in their roles comes about because of a significant difference in their redox potentials - NAD+ is readily reduced, whereas NADPH is readily oxidised.

Ben
Does anyone remember what maltose is used for? I'm sure it was for something but I can't remember.. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending