The Student Room Group

Best Over Ear Headphones ~£50-60?

I've never owned a pair of over-ear headphones before, so not wanting to spend more than 50 or 60 quid max - any suggestions?

I'm looking for something fairly reliable, looks good, and main thing would be little noise leakage (something that forms a good seal around my ears to block out sound would be good! Don't want active noise cancelling, i find it uncomfortable...)

I'm looking at the AKG-Y50s, don't really like the brash lettering along the side but online reviews say they're the pick for this price - can anyone offer some advice? Thanks!
Original post by Rump Steak
I've never owned a pair of over-ear headphones before, so not wanting to spend more than 50 or 60 quid max - any suggestions?

I'm looking for something fairly reliable, looks good, and main thing would be little noise leakage (something that forms a good seal around my ears to block out sound would be good! Don't want active noise cancelling, i find it uncomfortable...)

I'm looking at the AKG-Y50s, don't really like the brash lettering along the side but online reviews say they're the pick for this price - can anyone offer some advice? Thanks!

The AKGs are on-ear headphones, which mean they sit on top of your ear rather than the cushions going entirely around your ear, which is what over-ear refers to. Do you specifically want over-ears, or do just mean you want a pair other than earphones?
Reply 2
No, in that case I don't want 'on-ear'... I'd rather 'over-ear' where the cushion sits around the ear: I tried a friend's Sony XB950AP headphones earlier, that's the kind of thing I'm after, my ears can fit inside the cushion! just don't need the 'extra bass' which seems to be its main selling point...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending