The Student Room Group

Should I take more credits in autumn semester than spring?

I need to do 120 credits of modules this year, but because their is so many optional modules I can decide the split between autumn and spring semesters. The uni doesn't reccomend doing anything more extreme than 70/50 and would rather you do 60/60. But given the autumn exams might be online and the spring exams are more likely to be in person, I'm thinking it might be better to stack more modules in the first semester as online exams are easier than in person exams. So I'd be doing 70 credits in Autumn and 50 credits in Spring
Did you do this? How did it go if you did? I’m considering doing the same as I do better with more revision closer to the end of year exams as all my exams are at the end of the year.
Original post by gardener129
Did you do this? How did it go if you did? I’m considering doing the same as I do better with more revision closer to the end of year exams as all my exams are at the end of the year.

Hi @gardener129
Whilst the 50:50 split is definitely best for time management. This year i did a split with more modules in the autumn term than spring purely because of when the modules i wanted to take ran. I found the work load in autumn high but not unmanageable (but i guess that depends on how many modules you plan on taking), but did find that i had some catching up to do with reading in the spring term.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending