The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Will Aston reject based on GCSE grades?

Hi so basically im planning to do Optometry and my AS grades were AAB; A for Biology and A for Chemistry and a B for Maths. The problem is my GCSE Grades also is dual award science the same as additional science? as i got BC and on the website it says BB so would i get rejected on that basis? Ive applied thru UCAS but im just anxious and worried and how long does it take for Aston to make an offer?. Thank you
Reply 1
you'll be fine, i only got a C at business GCSE and I got on a business course
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah thankyou thats a relief just alot of people talk about how aston is hard to get into and i havent had an offer yet so i just got stressed out thinking that they might reject me :smile:
Highly, highly doubt it mate.
You got really good grades, and I heard that they accept ABB applicants (used to be interested in Optom), and you've exceeded that.
So don't worry at all.
Reply 4
Original post by TasteLikeChicken
Highly, highly doubt it mate.
You got really good grades, and I heard that they accept ABB applicants (used to be interested in Optom), and you've exceeded that.
So don't worry at all.

Ah ok and thanks and i applied a week ago do u know how long they take to give an offer ?
it is likely they will reject you because you don't meet the gcse requirements...
Reply 6
Have they rejected others b4 i mean its just that one requirement that i dont meet and if they do could i just tell them that im gunna retake one of my GCSE science exam ?
Original post by Sa.akhtar
Have they rejected others b4 i mean its just that one requirement that i dont meet and if they do could i just tell them that im gunna retake one of my GCSE science exam ?

i don't know, you should have asked them before you applied. you should retake your GCSE science exam to bring up the C to a B so you meet their requirements. universities don't put extra GCSE requirements on their website for no reason.
Reply 8
ok thanks imma retake the science GCSE instead of taking a risk of being rejected
Original post by Sa.akhtar
Ah ok and thanks and i applied a week ago do u know how long they take to give an offer ?

Took me about 2 weeks to get an offer for BSc Mathematics, and an offer for BSc Mathematics and Computing. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest