The Student Room Group

which 2 should i pick for law

Brunel, Aston, or Greenwich
Original post by annie7864
Brunel, Aston, or Greenwich
The ones you most want to go to based on course modules and surrondings/location.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
The ones you most want to go to based on course modules and surrondings/location.
hi the reason why I applied to Greenwich is because it's so pretty but I've heard it's very boring, I've not heard anything and I've heard its the ghetto but in league table ranking it is Aston, Brunel then Greenwich. i also did not have much grade room to work with as my teachers said they was going to predicted my grades really law
To be honest none of these are particularly highly rated whichever you choose. It is not as though any of them are really top universities and they will all be of similar standing. As for rankings ignore them they mean nothing and every league table will be different and there will be fluctuations every year.

Your lower predicted grades ABC are not particularly bad. They rule out the very top universities but if you achieve those grades many good universities will accept you trough clearing.

The reality is most courses end up in clearing outside the top universities. It is something like 905 of courses end up there. You will have a better indication when extra opens as that will show the universities that still have spaces for your subject,

I know very little about your universities other than Aston is very close to the centre of Birmingham and Brunel is in Uxbridge. You need to look into each for yourself and come to the conclusion which is right for you. Attend visit days to get a feel for the universities and places.

You also have the choice of rejecting these universities and looking at other choices in clearing. There will be quite good universities in extra but it would mean you wouldnt have an insurance.

However in practice most universities accept students on results days with lower than their published grades. It is all about filling spaces. An empty space means a loss of money to the university so they tend to drop grades to attract students.
Here is Aberystwyths standards for Law and you could have applied there and probably got an offer

UCAS Tariff - 104 - 128 points

A level - ABB - BCC

Here is Bangors

UCAS Tariff - 104 - 136 points

Here is Essex

UCAS Tariff - 112 - 120 points

A level - BBB
Including an essay-based subject. Offers will be made in the range of BBB to BBC or 120-112 UCAS tariff points from a minimum of the equivalent of 2 full A-levels

Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
Here is Aberystwyths standards for Law and you could have applied there and probably got an offer

UCAS Tariff - 104 - 128 points

A level - ABB - BCC

Here is Bangors

UCAS Tariff - 104 - 136 points

Here is Essex

UCAS Tariff - 112 - 120 points

A level - BBB
Including an essay-based subject. Offers will be made in the range of BBB to BBC or 120-112 UCAS tariff points from a minimum of the equivalent of 2 full A-levels

yeah I did see them but ended up wanting to stay around London or go up north I've also applied to Royal Holloway but waiting for a decision and so far I've gotten all the same offers and i don't have an insurance one
Original post by annie7864
yeah I did see them but ended up wanting to stay around London or go up north I've also applied to Royal Holloway but waiting for a decision and so far I've gotten all the same offers and i don't have an insurance one
Staying around London does make things harder. The top London universities are heavily oversubscribed. This is largely due to the numbers of overseas students they take. Nearly 2/3 of all students in LSE are from India or China and it is similar elsewhere. This then restricts your options.

The lower ranked universities tend to accept students with dropped grades on results day in order to fill their spaces. I wouldnt worry too much about not having an insurance as there will likely be some London universities taking students with lower grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending