The Student Room Group

Do you Mansplain? (men)

'Mansplaining' is now very much a thing.
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mansplaining

mansplainmanˈspleɪn/verbinformalgerund or present participle: mansplaining

(of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing."I'm listening to a guy mansplain economics to his wife"

The Twitter thingy is ablaze with discussions on it. It comes up on TV and radio. The whole female population is aware of it.

So guys of TSR. Do you mansplain?

If so, why can't you stop yourselves? :teehee:

Is it painful? :sad:

Is there any help?

Do you wish you could stop?

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately I do. Sometimes I forget that girls are always right and so I stupidly open my mouth and air my views about something. Quite embarrassing really, a girl in the immediate vicinity then puts me in my place.

I think workshops should be available to help people like me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Always, especially to stupid feminists
Original post by Radical Don Juan
Always, especially to stupid feminists

Original post by TheGuyReturns

Sorry, where you expecting some sort of trigger warning? :sly:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The Twitter thingy is ablaze with discussions on it. It comes up on TV and radio. The whole female population is aware of it.

SJWs continuing to tackle the most important issues that face the world's population I see :rolleyes:
Original post by Retired_Messiah
SJWs continuing to tackle the most important issues that face the world's population I see :rolleyes:

It's a gift. However, in this thread, I am not so much 'tackling' it, as curious if men find this a toughie themselves. They mostly do such a lot of it, it must be exhausting.
I also like to whitesplain

cis-splain

eat meat

piss standing up (often on the seat)

and set the air conditioning to suit my liking
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Unfortunately I do. Sometimes I forget that girls are always right and so I stupidly open my mouth and air my views about something. Quite embarrassing really, a girl in the immediate vicinity then puts me in my place.

I think workshops should be available to help people like me.

We agree then. Workshops should be provided. :five:

You have passed through Step 1 of 12 - recognising that men are at least not always right. Even though you said it a funny way. :teehee:
[video="youtube;UrgpZ0fUixs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs[/video]

:smile:
It's a gift. However, in this thread, I am not so much 'tackling' it, as curious if men find this a toughie themselves. They mostly do such a lot of it, it must be exhausting.

My main question is does it really matter?
Mansplaining literally does not exist. Anyone can be patronising, regardless of gender.

Any time I've seen it used, it's by some weird feminist on Twitter who accuses someone she disagrees with of "mansplaining".
Original post by Retired_Messiah
My main question is does it really matter?

It's kind of a bit worse than having flies in your house at mealtimes and a bit less bad than all the pollution in big cities.

In terms of social problem severity, I would assign it 5.8 out of 10. As I generally want to talk about anything over 5, then yeah, I guess it matters.
One thing to consider - is it worse or better than Manspreading?
I do this to both men and women. And I'm unrepentant. :P
Original post by Radical Don Juan
I also like to whitesplain

cis-splain

eat meat

piss standing up (often on the seat)

and set the air conditioning to suit my liking

You forgot to mention that you are happy to have too many toilets provided for your gender.
One thing to consider - is it worse or better than Manspreading?

I need to manspread more. Supposedly it's good for your balls.
Only to girls who come across as an air head. Come to think of it this is not something gender-centric
You forgot to mention that you are happy to have too many toilets provided for your gender.

Upon my wall, there is also a portrait of Nigel Farage drinking a pint, whilst smoking

...inside a public space
No.

Quick Reply

Latest