The Student Room Group

What to bring/wear to a 21st party?

I've been invited to a 21st birthday next week. It's just a thing at his house, invited by a Facebook thing. Does this mean it's just casual wear?
Also what should I bring? Do I need to bring him a gift and do I need to bring some drinks along too? I've never been to a party like this so I don't know if it's expected to bring a gift or not and how much to spend. I was thinking of bringing him a bottle of something as a gift but I don't know what would be a good thing to bring- is this a good idea and any recommendations? Please help!
Reply 1
Forgot to say it's an evening thing.
Reply 2
are you from the mandem or gyaldem?
Reply 3
Original post by Dinaa
are you from the mandem or gyaldem?

Girl
Original post by Anonymous
I've been invited to a 21st birthday next week. It's just a thing at his house, invited by a Facebook thing. Does this mean it's just casual wear?
Also what should I bring? Do I need to bring him a gift and do I need to bring some drinks along too? I've never been to a party like this so I don't know if it's expected to bring a gift or not and how much to spend. I was thinking of bringing him a bottle of something as a gift but I don't know what would be a good thing to bring- is this a good idea and any recommendations? Please help!

I gather it would be a semi formal thing, a shirt and jeans would be cool if you are male. I also gather girls would wear dresses and heels so if you are a girl go down that route. If i was going Id just give the person a card with money in it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ben4
I gather it would be a semi formal thing, a shirt and jeans would be cool if you are male. I also gather girls would wear dresses and heels so if you are a girl go down that route. If i was going Id just give the person a card with money in it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want to turn up in a dress and heels and be overdressed.. would be so much easier wearing guy just wearing shirt and jeans! I was thinking maybe just a nice top and jeans and a jacket so I'm not too casual, just in case? I would ask a friend what they're doing but the only people I talk to who are going are guys :/
I was so confused I thought that you meant a 21st century THEMED party and I was like wat
*flies away*
I don't want to turn up in a dress and heels and be overdressed.. would be so much easier wearing guy just wearing shirt and jeans! I was thinking maybe just a nice top and jeans and a jacket so I'm not too casual, just in case? I would ask a friend what they're doing but the only people I talk to who are going are guys :/

Well most of the 18ths I have been I havent seen a girl in jeans and a top tbh with you - I gathered 21sts would be the same. Try find some girls who are going and ask what they're wearing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Ben4
Well most of the 18ths I have been I havent seen a girl in jeans and a top tbh with you - I gathered 21sts would be the same. Try find some girls who are going and ask what they're wearing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just a thing at his house though and invited on Facebook so assumed it was a more casual thing :/ I don't really know any of the girls, plus it would probably be a bit weird me asking
It's just a thing at his house though and invited on Facebook so assumed it was a more casual thing :/ I don't really know any of the girls, plus it would probably be a bit weird me asking

Is it a party or just a gathering? How many people are going? Is it a facebook event thing?
Original post by Ben4
Is it a party or just a gathering? How many people are going? Is it a facebook event thing?

I'm not sure, I think just more of a gathering!
I'm not sure, I think just more of a gathering!

Then top and jeans and jacket is fine - tbh you can wear whatever you want no one will care :biggrin:
What should I bring for him like should I bring a bottle of something as a present, and what?
ask what someone else is wearing, I'd guess a dress and heels but nothing too fancy

for what to bring I think give a gift if you'd have given the person one anyway, don't if you're not that close, if they invite 30 people to a party they aren't expecting 30 presents! I would bring some alcohol if you want to drink or some non alcoholic mixers if you don't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending