The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Opinions on London South Bank Uni??

Hey everyone

So I've been accepted into LSBU to study Digital Design, I'm over the
Moon as it's the course I want to do and it's only a 30 minute train journey from home... although I've heard alot about LSBU being one of the lowest ranked unis?

Can anybody else who's been or is looking to go get back to me and let me know their thoughts and opinions?

Thanks!
Katie x
Reply 1
Hi!
I'm Dominika
I'm also going to study in LSBU but on Digital Design course.
Firstly when I applied I thought that is really good uni and then I found many bad opinions and saw many rankings.
But I decided to went to the Uni on my own to check is it true (I'm from Poland so it was a little trip for me). I get to the media degree showcase where I had opportunity not only to talk with students and teachers but also to see their work. It made really good impression to me and students were happy about going to this uni, also teachers were great and seems to be proud of their students work. Moreover the Elephant and Castle Studio is huge and has got everything that is needed at mutimedia courses I think. Many tool as cameras or special drawing pads are available to use and borrow with no extra many
I think that your uni adventure depends on you not on other people opinions, and that pace can give many possibilities.
London
For something like Digital Design the ranking of the uni counts less. What you get out of the course is more important.

Talk to past and present students, reach out to the course director and ask some questions to see how responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable she/he is. Write to the HR department of companies you would like to work for in the future and ask them if they hired anyone from your course or LSBU in general recently and what they thought of her/him.

It's unlikely that LSBU will blow you away, but you can do worse, especially if you didn't get into a lot of schools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending