The Student Room Group

NHS bursary

I’ve applied for Occupational Therapy Msc at London south bank University. The fees are slightly higher than the regular fees that SFE will cover. So the remainder I will have to pay out of pocket. I was wondering as this is an allied heath care course am I entitled to the NHS bursary of 5k per year?
Original post by Mangojoy
I’ve applied for Occupational Therapy Msc at London south bank University. The fees are slightly higher than the regular fees that SFE will cover. So the remainder I will have to pay out of pocket. I was wondering as this is an allied heath care course am I entitled to the NHS bursary of 5k per year?

I wonder why LSBU is charging postgraduate rates even though the course qualifies for undergraduate funding? Have you looked at alternative courses at other London unis such as St Georges?

In theory you should be eligible for the NHS Learning Support Fund (not bursary - that's for med/dental students) but I would email to check that this course is included in the scheme. There is an online enquiry form you can fill in here:

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf/contact-us
Reply 2
Thank you for getting back to me!
Yeah it is unfortunate it’s higher, thankfully I did apply for St George’s also still waiting for a response!
But I will look at the link you have sent.
Thanks so much
All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending