The Student Room Group

Girl who cant seem to have sex please help :(

Ive been with my boyfriend for nearly two years and we just cannot have sex because he doesnt seem to fit inside me and the pain is unbearable.

I have a good pain tolerance but the pain is horrible it is literally like a burning and stinging pain i know losing your virginity is supposed to hurt but everytime we try he just does not seem to fit and the further he pushes the more it hurts

I do get very wet so i know that isnt the reason. I am not scared or worried about sex whilst in the moment - I really want to do it and i know my muscles are relaxed but its as if my vagina just seems to block him from getting inside

I can usually fit two fingers inside me one finger i have no pain two fingers is slightly uncomfortable i think the pain comes from the walls of my vagina

I have no issues with inserting tampons

This whole issue is making me very upset because i want to be able to experience this with hm and sex is supposed to be a natural thing yet my body cant do it im also terrified that i wont be able to ever do it so i cant have children

We have tried sex on and off since june 2014 and have had no luck We still have an enjoyable sex life but just no inercourse

My friends that have had sex seem to have had no problem - i feel extremely embarassed about this and just want to be able to have sex with my boyfriend

We have tried it with condoms and no condoms (im on the pill) and had no chance

Someone please help me or tell me im not alone is there anything j can do to stop feeling so inadequate
Reply 1
Apologies for the terrible grammar my ipod is so slow and does not cooperate. :/
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been with my boyfriend for nearly two years and we just cannot have sex because he doesnt seem to fit inside me and the pain is unbearable.

I have a good pain tolerance but the pain is horrible it is literally like a burning and stinging pain i know losing your virginity is supposed to hurt but everytime we try he just does not seem to fit and the further he pushes the more it hurts

I do get very wet so i know that isnt the reason. I am not scared or worried about sex whilst in the moment - I really want to do it and i know my muscles are relaxed but its as if my vagina just seems to block him from getting inside

I can usually fit two fingers inside me one finger i have no pain two fingers is slightly uncomfortable i think the pain comes from the walls of my vagina

I have no issues with inserting tampons

This whole issue is making me very upset because i want to be able to experience this with hm and sex is supposed to be a natural thing yet my body cant do it im also terrified that i wont be able to ever do it so i cant have children

We have tried sex on and off since june 2014 and have had no luck We still have an enjoyable sex life but just no inercourse

My friends that have had sex seem to have had no problem - i feel extremely embarassed about this and just want to be able to have sex with my boyfriend

We have tried it with condoms and no condoms (im on the pill) and had no chance

Someone please help me or tell me im not alone is there anything j can do to stop feeling so inadequate

Visit your GP and tell them about the issue. It is very possible you suffer from vaginismus, and this condition will not go away by itself. I myself do suffer from this condition and have found out only a few weeks ago.
I have never been able to use tampons (two very, very painful attempts put me off) and never tried inserting anything after that. Now it feels like there is no opening when my partner and I try penetrative sex and even a single finger hurts so bad I tear up - like you said, it burns very badly and feels like I'm being torn apart. And it's definitely not because I don't want to have sex. We also have a very active sexual relationship apart from that.My partner is luckily extremely understanding and loving, but it is very emotionally taxing.
It might be hard to talk about it to strangers, but it is important to see a doctor. Honestly, it will not go away. Even if it is just to have an answer to your issues, it is worth to gather the courage.

I'm not entirely sure it is possible to contact each other when we're both anonymous but if you'd like to talk privately to someone going through the same thing, we can surely find a way. :smile:
Let me have a go :biggrin:
Maybe he just has a giant penis?
How old are you?
When you're aroused your vagina will naturally lengthen/stretch to accommodate for a penis.
If you're claiming you're wet and are struggling to get 2 fingers in, I'd question how aroused you are - are you using lube as well?

Is he using fingers and slowly inserting more? Have you tried using toys? - they come in all sizes and could be great to build up the feeling of having something in you.
If you've been trying for 2 years it might be that you're unconsciously panicking or worrying which will tense your muscles. Or you're putting a lot of pressure on yourselves?

Sex should never be painful. Burning and stinging on the inside sounds similar to thrush - do you have thicker discharge? or do you feel itchy?
Reply 7
Original post by Balloon Baboon
Maybe he just has a giant penis?

Maybe hahahahah

Original post by bethwalker85
How old are you?

18 :smile:

Original post by jade668
This happened to me too. Often when I first felt the pain I immediately made my boyfriend stop and pull out. However, one night I was drunk and decided to ride out the pain and it became more bearable and even though now it still hurts even when I am sober I blank out the pain and keep going. I am in no means suggesting you should get drunk to have sex with your boyfriend though and I'm not sure if you've already tried ignoring the pain unsuccessfully, in which case this could be vaginismus

Yeah im thinking this might be an option ill have to try that thank you

Original post by Findlay6
When you're aroused your vagina will naturally lengthen/stretch to accommodate for a penis.
If you're claiming you're wet and are struggling to get 2 fingers in, I'd question how aroused you are - are you using lube as well?

Is he using fingers and slowly inserting more? Have you tried using toys? - they come in all sizes and could be great to build up the feeling of having something in you.
If you've been trying for 2 years it might be that you're unconsciously panicking or worrying which will tense your muscles. Or you're putting a lot of pressure on yourselves?

Sex should never be painful. Burning and stinging on the inside sounds similar to thrush - do you have thicker discharge? or do you feel itchy?

Not used lube.
I know that I am wet because I can feel it, and my boyfriend can too.
Usually like tries to increase the amount of fingers from 1 to 2 to 3 etc.
I'm sure I don't have thrush I have suffered with it in the past but maybe it could still be there??? Don't get thick discharge or itchiness down there at all.

I feel like the problem is that the hole is too small? I don't know if this can be the case or not but obviously I have enough space for tampons and fingers etc, but my boyfriend is above average but I'm thinking that maybe I could have a thick hymen which is preventing it? The pain when im being fingered etc is not actually inside me it is at my entrance if that is any more help.
Hi lovely ! I haven't had this exact issue but I have a pain condition down there referred to as vulvodynia which can mean sex is painful, and most people have still never heard of it. One of my friends told me about something almost exactly as you described! She has not yet been able to have sex because of it as every time she ends up basically in tears from the pain. I'm sure it is more common than you think. It could be that you are particularly small and he is particularly big? I definitely think you should go to the doctor, there are many things they can suggest which could be of help to you. There are certain exercises you can do which can help. They will strengthen the muscles, so they will still be tight but you will be in control and hopefully eventually can enjoy penetrative sex. Ask your GP for a referral to a women's health physiotherapist. It really helped me a lot. And I'm sure you will be able to have children, honey! If the worst came to the worst you could always has a Caesarian but I'm sure that won't be necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey guys it's me again just an update to this post - I finally have had sex on several occasions where it felt good and I actually came from it. I feel so happy and relieved that I'm okay!

Thanks everyone who posted on here :smile:
Congrats'
How did you solve your problem finally ? as it just took you 3 months between your messages. I know some people who might find this thread useful. It woud be great to share your findings.
I hear u but my problem is that I can only fit one finger in mine . I can't even put two in or it hurts so I just don't date , but I don't think I'm being very helpful to u right now 😥😥
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys it's me again just an update to this post - I finally have had sex on several occasions where it felt good and I actually came from it. I feel so happy and relieved that I'm okay!

Thanks everyone who posted on here :smile:

Hey
I’m going through the same problem and I’m really worried how did you solve this? Xx
Reply 13
I have never had sex before but the way I now can have penetrative masturbation is because I worked my way up. Use long, slightly wide objects to start with and over time your virgina will stretch. For instance I used a brush handle and then I went to a lint roller handle (which is pretty big).

Quick Reply

Latest